iii

"Behold the voice of God." Rick called them over again, holding out a tablet in front of him. The ARGUS logo appeared but was replaced by Amanda Waller.

"For those who do not know me officially, my name is Amanda Waller. There is an active terrorist at Midway City. Your mission is to go in, rescue HVT-1, and get them to safety." She was interrupted by the man from before. Silvius searched his mind, looking for his name.

"Sorry, but for those who don't speak good guy, what is HVT-1?" Floyd asked

"The only person who matters in the city, the one person you can't kill." Amanda answered. "If you complete the mission, you will get time of your prison sentence. If you fail the mission, you die. If anything happens to Colonel Rick Flag, I'll kill every single one of you." Amanda disconnected the call.

"There's your pep talk." Rick said.

"Well compared to your shit, she killed it" The man responded. "So that's it. What are we then, some kind of suicide squad? "He continued. Rick nodded slightly

"I'll notify your next of kin. Alpha, Bravo team, mount up!" Silvius sighed as he looked at the helicopter he was supposed to be getting on.

"I prefer travelling by portal." He said to Rick, who sighed in annoyance.

"Too bad," He grabbed Silvius by his collar, throwing him onto the plane.

"You didn't need to use force." He muttered pulling himself up off the floor. Sitting in one of the chairs, arms crossed over his chest, Silvius started searching through the other team member's memories, looking for their names; Digger Harkness aka Captain Boomerang, Chato Santana aka El Diablo, Waylon Jones aka Killer Croc, and Christopher Weiss aka Slipknot. He lent forward, elbows resting on his knees, head in hands, staring intently at the man before him. "So," Silvius drawled, scanning his tattoos, "Do you prefer Chato or El Diablo?" At his words the tattooed man's head snapped up, confusion and a slight anger filling his eyes.

"How did you know my name?" Silvius lent back a little.

"Amanda let me look at the files," He let out a chuckle, "Well, let is a loose word." His words lead to Harley laughing, and soon the rest of the team followed, excluding Rick. After Waylon's laugh died out, the plane was left in silence, until a woman carrying a katana jumped onto the plane.

"You're late." Rick said to the woman.

She replied in Japanese, "忙しかった" I was busy.

"This is Katana," Rick said, turning to the group. "She has my back. She can cut you all in half, like mowing the lawn. I would advise not getting killed by her, as her sword traps the souls of its victims." Harley stuck her hand out to Katana.

" Harley stuck her hand out to Katana

"Hi! I'm Harley. I love your perfume! What is that? The stench of death?" She joked. Katana did not find it funny, however, and started to unsheathe her sword.

"私は今、それらを殺すん?" Should I kill them? She asked Rick. He shook his head

"Easy, cowgirl. Not that kind of mission." Rick reassured Katana. Silvius chuckled at the exchange, knowing and understanding both the English and Japanese. After searching her memories for her name, he turned to the other team members.

"So, do you guys want to be referred to by your names or your aliases?" He waited for a response, Waylon being the first.

"Proper names," He growled out, almost daring anyone to say otherwise. The ride to Gotham was mostly silent, except for Silvius cracking a joke every now and then. Harley took to staring out the window, looking down at the city below.

"Look at the pretty lights!" She exclaimed, trying to stick her head out further, wanting to see the light closer. Her words cause Silvius to look out the window, immediately knowing that the lights were a source of magic. Enchantress's magic.

"We're on the highway to hell, my dear." He muttered. Silvius knew that there was no going back from now.