Chapter Seven

Rose and Gatsby sat in silence at the large table as they waited for Nick. The sound of a doorbell broke that silence.

"I'll get it." Rose stood up quickly. She practically raced the butler to the door. She flung the door open and jumped into her brothers arms. "Nicky!"

"Rose!" Nick exclaimed, trying to keep his balance from the sudden hit he just took.

Rose pulled away from her brother, smiling widely. "Let's eat shall we?" She asked. She linked arms with the smiling boy and they walked into the large house happily.

By the time they entered the home, the table was almost completely covered in plates of food. "Old sport!" Gatsby stood and walked to Nick, giving him a hug. "So glad you could join us for dinner."

Gatsby led Nick to the table, then proceeded to pull out a chair for Rose. Gatsby took his seat at the end of the table, between the two siblings.

"So." Nick started the conversation as they ate. "How was the car ride?"

Gatsby and Rose exchanged a look and smiled widely. "It was fantastic." Rose smiled to her brother. "Mr. Gatsby showed me practically half the city." Gatsby smiled and watched the girl as she talked. Rose smiled as she continued. "He even knows Daisy."

Gatsby's smile fell. Nick noticed. "What else did you two talk about?" He knew the mention of Daisy made Gatsby instantly uncomfortable. But why?

"Nothing too interesting." Rose shrugged. "But it was a very fun and eventful car ride." A small and quite laugh escaped her lips.

"Maybe some day you should join us, old sport." Gatsby's mood changed back. "We'd love to have you."

"Yes, Nicky! You'd love it!" Rose exclaimed rather loudly. Nick and Gatsby both smiled widely at the young brunette's excitement.

"Then I guess I should, shouldn't I?" Nick smiled at the two.

The meal carried on like so. They ate and talked, laughing the night away. By the end of the meal, Gatsby found himself staring at Rose. He noticed how she had a dimple on just the right side of her face. He also noticed how when she laughed too loudly, she covered her mouth. She also shook her head and smiled when Nick brought up their childhood.

"It's getting late. We should be going." Nick nodded shortly at Rose. She did the same. The pair stood and said their goodbyes to Gatsby and walked arm in arm back to their small home.

"Today was an amazing day." Rose yawned as she walked down the hall to her room. "Goodnight Nicky." Rose waved to her brother as she closed her door.

Rose didn't even change. She laid down on her bed and she was out like a light.

______________

Sorry it's been so long since I last updated. It shocked me when I saw the date of the last update. I hope you guys enjoyed and I apologize for the short chapter.

~ Miriah