Chapter Twenty-Four

Guys, we have a problem. 

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO WRITE FIGHTING WITH MAGIC AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DESCRIBE OTHER DIMENSIONS HELP. 

-------------------

"Right," Stephen said. "Well, first we need to get down. Come here, Rachael."

"Oh, no, we are not doing that again," Rachael said. "I'll find a way down the side of the building."

"Me, too," Mordo said. 

"Are you both sure?" Stephen asked. "I can help one of you down and then come back for the other." 

"I'm sure," Rachael said. Mordo nodded.

"Well...okay," Stephen said. "I'll be waiting down on the streets. If you need me, call for me." 

With that, he jumped down. The Cloak of Levitation made the fall a little easier to bear. He landed on the pavement on his hands and knees before standing up and looking up at the building. He gulped as he saw that it was starting to twist and split. One half of the building was going up and to the left while the other side was going down and to the right. 

Oh, please be safe, Rachael, he thought. Mordo could die for all he cared, but he didn't want Rachael to get hurt. 

On top of the building, Rachael and Mordo were looking for a way down. Rachael finally found the side of the building that looked the least steep. It was still very steep, though. She wasn't sure how she'd get down. 

"Mordo, I think I found our way down," she shakily said. 

Mordo came to stand next to Rachael and looked down. "It's still very steep."

"I know, but it's our only chance," Rachael said. 

"Well, ladies first," Mordo said.

"No, you can go first," Rachael said.

"I insist," Mordo said. 

Rachael took a deep breath and searched for a foothold. She ran her foot up and down the side of the building until she found a small bit of steel jutting out from the rest. He carefully placed her weight on it and breathed a sigh of relief when it didn't break. She put her other foot on the steel and was infinitely grateful that it still didn't break. Her hands gripped the side of the building she and Mordo had been standing on extremely tightly. Rachael looked down to try and spot another place to put her foot. She nearly fainted when she saw how high up she was.

And I thought using the wires for Mary Poppins was scary, she thought. Focus, Rachael. Don't look down. 

Once again, Rachael bent down slightly and brushed her leg against the side of the building. She found another spot to put her foot down and was relieved when she didn't fall to her death. She looked down again to find a foothold (she knew that she shouldn't) and felt dizzy when she saw how high she was again.

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God," she chanted. "Don't panic. Be calm. Don't look down." 

Rachael forced herself to look back up at where Mordo was standing. He was just...watching her. It gave her a bad feeling. She wished that she had just let Stephen carry her down. She could yell for him, but she wasn't sure he would hear her from this high up. 

"I think you can start climbing down now, Mordo," Rachael said. 

Mordo didn't say anything as he got down on his hands and knees. Rachael thought that he was going to start his descent with her. Instead, he thrust his hand out and cut off the bit of steel Rachael was standing on with magic. She screamed as she desperately gripped the piece of metal that was her only chance of living.