Dark woods circus

"Hello there" Lilly looked up to see who was talking to her she let out a small gasp. There was a clown with two heads one a boy and the other a girl. "Have you heard of the dark woods circus?" It or rather they asked. Lilly shook her head. "You should go its in the forest its really fun just follow me!" Lilly thought about it she really wanted to go. But her mum said never to talk to strangers. But it would only be for a little bit her mum wouldn't notice.

Lilly followed the person/people through the forest until she saw a circus. It was amazing! It was so colourful and everyone seemed to be happy and cheerful. She looked around and saw a giant man and woman dancing. A smile crept on her face it was just as fun as the clown or clowns said it would be.

She wondered over to the tent and made her way near the front of the crowd. She saw the ringleader dressed in bright colours. She didn't hear what he was saying but it seemed like a good thing.

It was then when she noticed a cage. Why was there a cage? Mabey there was going to be a magic trick! But it was not what she expected at all. A teenage girl with long blue pigtails came out of the cage. She had a beautiful mask and had a long dress. But she noticed that there seemed to be a faint red liquid at the bottom of the mask. But before she could think to far into it she noticed the girls legs.

Instead of human legs the girl had the legs of a donkey. There was also red on them oh wait that was blood. Lilly looked at the girl in pity. No one deserved that.

Eventually the girl left away from the crowds craul laughter and taunting. The twins walked on. But at least one of them was smiling right? It was only when they walked off did she notice that the one that was smiling was now crying.

She saw a boy eating some sort of meat. She decided to listen to the ringmaster this time. That was a mistake.

The ringmaster was explaining how this boy had the brain of a mutt. That he ate HUMAN meat. Lilly looked at the boy but flinched when he growled at her. She watched in horror as the ring master hit him with a wip. The crowed laughed at the poor boy. "Monster!" A little girl yelled. "Freak!" The crowed screamed insults at the poor boy. She turned around and walked away. Not noticing how he whimpered as the ring master walked his way.

She felt ashamed. Ashamed that she didn't do anything that she just watched. That she just left without even a single glance. Was this really what the world was like? If so than she hated the world. It was so cruel.

Lilly was about to leave when she heard someone crying. She followed the voice until she saw the girl with the twins. The boy was comforting the girl as she wept. The girl revealed her face. Lilly gasped. The girl was fading. "It hurts" the girl said. The girl pulled at her hair.  "Make it end I just want to die!" The girl said. "I JUST WANT TO DIE PLEASE JUST KILL ME!!!" she screamed. "NO DON'T THINK LIKE THAT I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO!!!" The boy yelled. The girl started to fade. She smiled. "Thankyou" she whispered so quietly it wasn't heard."NO COME ON MIKU HANG IN THERE" the boy screamed.

Miku looked at him and lightly touched his face "thank you for caring about me and I'm sorry now go before you two fade to" tears streamed down her pale face. The boy wept as he watched her disappear and he couldn't do anything to stop it. "Please don't leave me." He said crying. His sister who had stayed silent said "come on we need to leave now or-" she cut herself off as she saw her hand fading. "NO!" she screamed. "No I don't want to die I want one last chance to be happy" she cried. "PLEASE DON'T LET ME DIE PLEASE I WANT TO LIVE PLEASE!!!" she screamed. The boy cried silently he wanted his sister to live and be happy but. He was going to be with Miku and his sister in a happy place at last. Away from this horrible circus. The world that had inflicted so much pain on them. He was going to be free. He smiled. A real smile not one that he had put on for show. He had a warm tingly feeling. What was it again? Oh yeah happiness. It had been so long since he haf last felt it. He had amolst forgot what it felt like. Tears of both sadness and joy streamed down his face. "Goodbye." He said. It was only when he was nearly gone did he notice a small girl standing there.

Lilly turned around to leave only to see the ringmaster. "Now child you can't leave now that you know but don't worry you get to join the circus!" He said with a cruel smirk.

The next day lilly cried as she watched her mother asking if anyone had seen her child. Lilly wanted to hug her mother but she couldn't.

What happened next made her heart stop. A little girl identical to her ran through the crowd to her mother. "MUMMY!!!" The girl shrieked. Her mother embraced the little girl. Her mother looked at the girl, her face lit up with joy. "Oh Lilly I was so worried don't run off again." She said warmly.

"NO MUMMY THATS NOT ME!!! THATS NOT ME!!!! I'M HERE HELP ME!!! SHE'S LYING!!!! MUMMY PLEASE I'M HERE!!!! HELP ME MUMMY!!! HELP ME!!!!" Lilly  desperatly screamed at the top of her lungs, banging onto the wooden door, that trapped her.

The imposter looked at Lilly, she smiled wide. Too wide. It was a smile that wasn't human. Yet no one noticed. Not even her own mother noticed. For a split-second the girls eyes flashed red. But it happened so quickly. So even if anyone had saw than they wouldn't be sure if it had ever happend.

Lilly screamed in vain. She kept on screaming and banging on the wood over and over again. She wouldn't stop. She wouldn't give up. But deep fown she knew. She knew it was useless. She knew that no one would come. She knew that she had lost.

She was trapped in this circus forever...