Dancing

Merlin was in Arthur's chambers doing something when Arthur came in.

"Ah, Arthur I wanted to speak to you. " Merlin said walking up to his friend/boss.

"Well, what is it?" Arthur asked not really caring.

"Well, it's just I was wondering if I could have tomorrow night off. For the festival down in the market square." He asked quietly. Arthur laughed as he said, "You actually want to go to that?"

"Yes. Yes, I do. Please, I never ask for any time off all I want to do is go for one night?" Merlin begged. "Stop sounding like a girl Merlin, I would have agreed without the begging. But I want you here on time tomorrow!" Arthur lectured. Merlin nodded and said thanks before he took the kings laundry and ran off.

While Merlin was out cleaning the stables the Arthur called his friends to his chambers.

"You called princess?" Gwaine asked walking into his room. He walked up and stood next to Lancelot and Leon. Soon Percival entered with a worried look on his face. "Nothing is wrong so you can all relax." They all visibly eased.

"Merlin has asked me to go to the festival in the market square." Gwaine and Lancelot smiled while Leon and Percival look confused.

"Why are you telling us?"

"Well Leon, I want to know why. What's so great about the festival?" Gwaine and Lancelot looked offended. "It's just a good time for the people. People who work every day and never get any luxury. A time where they can dance and eat for no cost."

"Ahhh. Are any of you going?" Leon and Percival shook their heads. "We are. We were planning on going with Merlin. But I doubt we'll see much of him." Lancelot says causing Gwaine to laugh.

"Why is that?" The two just shook their heads. " To believe it, you have to see it."

That's when Arthur and the Knights decided to go. Apparently, they needed to see something. Whatever that meant.

So there they were Arthur, Leon, and Percival standing in the corner, in costumes for apparently it was a masquerade, with Gwaine and Lancelot who were looking for Merlin.

Suddenly a man walked in. In a black costume with matching mask. You couldn't see much of his face. Only his eyes and his mouth. It looked like a pirates outfit.

The knights looked at each other confused, how did they know the man that suddenly had most of the women in the room swooning. But soon Gwaine realized and whispered to Lancelot. The boys smiled at each other and walked up to the mysterious man.

"Merlin! You look amazing!" Lance said making sure the other knights couldn't hear. "Why so quiet?" Merlin asked in the same hushed tone. Gwaine only nodded up to the other knights. Merlin's eyes widened. "What are they doing here!?'' He whispers yelled. (Does that make sense.)

"They came because we asked them to. Now, Merlin, They don't know who you are. If they did they would have walked up to you by now. I want to surprise them with your dancing skills. You in?" Merlin nodded. "Now here's what going to happen. You know Dawn. That girl you fancy with the red-ish hair?" Merlin blushed and nodded. "Well your going to go up to her and ask her to dance! Okay?" Merlin nodded.

The other three knights watched in confusion. They looked like they were planning an attack. Then the mysterious man went over to one of the women and asked her to dance.

Merlin and Dawn danced graciously as if royalty. They glided the floors with pride. Not caring what anyone else thought.

After socializing for a while Lance and Qwaine walked back over to Arthur and the others. "You know him?" Arthur pointed at the man/Merlin.

"Oh him. That's Merlin." There jaws dropped. There was no way that Merlin, the most clumsy, idiotic, childish person they knew was dancing so gracefully and well.

After a while a circle formed around the two. But they were both so distracted by there conversation that they didn't notice. Many people watched the two wondering who the man was.

Once they stopped there was an applause, they both jumped at the noise and looked around.

"Wow, I guess we were to engrossed in our conversation we didn't notice." Dawn said shocked. Merlin nodded in agreement.

"Until we meet again Lady Dawn." He said bowing. She giggled. "Farewell Sir Merlin." She curtsied and walked away, back to her friends.

"That my friend was beautiful!" Lance said as he and Gwaine walked over and patting his shoulder. "Couldn't agree more. Merlin you have made me proud!" Merlin could tell that he had maybe a little to much to drink. This caused Lance and Merlin to pull him out. Forcing him to go home.

"Merlin?" Merlin froze. He slowly turned around to see Arthur, Leon, and Percival standing there. Merlin waved.

"Where did you learn to dance like that?!" Arthur said walking over to him and patting his shoulder.

"I have never seen anyone dance that well, noble or not!" Leon and Percival joined them.

"I've always loved dancing. Back in Eldor when my mother was sad we would dance around the house like idiots. It would make her smile." Merlin smiled at the memories.

"I have to go. I have some herbs to collect for Gaius before I go to sleep. Farewell!"

Arthur and the two knights walked away. Smiling to themselves, like fools, at how ridiculous it was.

"Merlin can dance!"