Kindness

Uther smiled as he saw the two horses ride up with a dozen knights behind them.

"King Uther!" A young man around the age of twenty said gleefully as he hopped of his horse. He had brown hair and green eyes. He was a decent looking man and had an attractive stubble. He was a little on the short side, standing an inch or two below Arthur.

"Prince Marcus! It is wonderful to see you." Uther shook arms with the man. "I hope your journey was peaceful."

"As peaceful as it can be with my father around." Marcus said with a small smile.

"How is your father?" He asked in a sudden sadness.

"He's not getting much better, that fall really messed his head." He said as they both looked at the older man getting of his horse. "I was hoping getting his out of the castle and to see some old friends would make him feel better."

"I hope so as well. I do believe that Camelot will help his mood. There is always something interesting happening here." Uther smiled and Marcus smiled back.

"I also must warn you... he is starting to have delusions. Not anything bad but just odd. Renaming people, looking for things that have been gone for years. And recently his favorite has been making up a fake 'brother' that is traveling. If he brings up anything I ask you to just play along with it. Denying him will make him upset." Marcus said as the older man, finally of his horse and with a knight as an escort, walked up to Uther with a smile on his face.

"Uther! I am pleased to see you and Camelot as well, did you know that one of my sons lives here?" The man said. Uther glanced at Marcus who nodded.

"Yes, Rowan. And it is wonderful to see you as well." Uther said kindly and together the three royals, and the knight, walked into the Castle together. They were shown to there rooms just as the servants finished bringing up their luggage.

"Feel free to wander the castle. It has been a long time since either of you have been here. I hope I can have breakfast with you both tomorrow." Uther suggested.

"Absolutely. I will make sure that we are both there." Marcus said and smiled. "I shall see you tomorrow." He said and went into his father's chambers with his father.

---

It was around four hours after noon when Merlin was walking through the garden towards the stables. He saw an older man on the bench. He had nicer clothes on, meaning he was a noble, but the clothes weren't very fancy, so he couldn't be royalty, at least to first glance.

When Merlin walked by him he smiled at the man. The man smiled back and stood up. Merlin stopped and waited for the old man. "Why are you doing out here? You should be with your brother!" The old man asked.

"My brother?" Merlin asked confused.

"Yes. But you're with me so I suppose it is alright." The old man said and started walking. "Walk with me, My son. It has been so long since I have seen you."

Merlin, for a moment, stared at the man. Merlin had seen this before in many older people. Working with Gaius has taught him that the best thing to do is just please who ever they are talking to. "I am sorry father. I meant to visit but I have a lot of work here."

"I figured as such. How are you enjoying Camelot? I do quite love it here." Merlin's 'father' asked.

"I enjoy it very much. It is beautiful. Though I do miss home very much." Merlin said, wondering where home even was.

" Ruwyth misses you as well." Ruwyth. That's where this man was from.

"And how is my brother? I haven't the chance to see him?" Merlin asked.