Drunken Truthfulness

"Mikey," I sighed, breathing in his neck heavily, and holding him to my chest with as much force as I could muster.  When I had turned to see him starring at me with adoration in his eyes my knees had gone weak, and that was when I truly understood I had missed him greatly.

     His hand rested on my waist, and he pulled away to kiss me hard on the mouth.  We stayed like that for a moment, and pressed our foreheads together.  I opened my eyes to see his beautiful green eyes unblinkingly starring back at me.

   "I missed you so much..."  His voice held that sadness and loneliness that it possessed when we spoke over the phone, but it was losing the edge and despair.  "Being away from you for so long..."

   "I know, it was horrible."

 Mikey chuckled a little bit, and nuzzled my cheek with his nose, "Exactly."

      After talking with Mikey about what had been happening with the wedding and the planning we hesitantly parted ways, him lounging at a small table talking to a group of women who took time out of the party to flirt with him, (every now and then he'd throw helpless glances at me, I'd wink at him, and he'd smile; then the women would take the hint and stalk off). 

    "OH MY GOD IT'S THE INFAMOUS TROLL!" 

  I whipped around at the voice, to see my old friend Taz.  Her real name wasn't Taz obviously, I'd just called her that all through kindergarten to high school, I'm not even sure what her real name is anymore...  Debbie? 

     "And the famous Taz!" 

 We embraced each other warmly, and we talked non stop for an hour, catching up on all the things we'd missed out on.  After graduation Taz had gone abroad to study pelican migration patterns in Europe with a group of middle aged ex-hippies.  Suffice to say we'd lost contact all to easily.

   "Dude, I have to say this: isn't the guy your sister is marrying the guy you lost your V-card to?"  Taz glanced over her shoulder casually to my sister and her fiance a cross the room- they had an arm around each other and they were laughing non stop.  She looked so happy.

    I nodded thoughtfully, "Small world, huh?"

 Taz took another gulp of her wine and then slapped me on the back.  "Does your hubby know about thus?"  She giggled lightly, drunk as hell.  We both were.  I'd been chugging wine coolers and glasses of wine the whole time we'd been talking.  Taz has that kind of effect on people. 

   "Nope... I think Rosie would kill me, anyways," was the best answer I could get out of myself. 

  One of Rosa's friends was lounging next to us without us knowing she was listening to every word.  And then suddenly she was over talking to Rosa and... Dammit I forgot his name.  

  "What's his name, again?"  I turned to Taz who was swishing wine around in the bottom of her glass.  "Huh?"

   Rosa was suddenly upon us, with Bryant (that's his name!) in tow, raving mad with a red haze decending around her.  "You slept with my fiance?!"

  I coughed and stood up from the lounging position Taz and I had been in for the passed hour- Mikey had perked his ears up to listen to this from over in the other direction.  There was slight confusion in his eyes. 

    "Er, yeah!  But when I was a junior in high school," I paused to sort out my drunk thoughts, "We were drunk, okay?"

  She looked even angrier.  "No!  Not OK!  You should have told me!" she turned to Bryant, "You should have told me!"  She slapped him.  Hard.  

   Every one in the room flinched.  Rosa wasn't known to be violent. Her eyes then landed back on me, and I drunkenly stumbled backwards into Mikey's chest.  He pushed me away back up and I turned towards him. 

  "MIkey..."

  He shook his head.  "Why wouldn't you tell me?"

    Sadness twisted in my stomach, Taz was standing up next to me suddenly, a hand on my shoulder.  The sadness relented a small bit, knowing she was still some how my best friend.  "I was... confused."  

   Again he shook his hand and walked away.   Normally we tell each other everything.  Except this little thing. 

  Ahem, I mean big thing. 

 I turned toward where Rosa was to find that she had left.  Bryant glared at me.  

  I hate my life now...