Chapter 3

"Hey!" Amina yelled as I Stuffed her fries in my mouth. I just smirked under my niqab though she could not see it.

She huffed and took the juice box which was nearly empty and started drinking making slurpy sounds. I frowned at her.

This was the fourth day of my school. Same as the first day. I just wanted to know who was Zahir and Astrid-the Blondie-wouldnt let me talk to him. So I gave up.

"What do you want to know so much about him? "She asked referring to zahir.

"Its just that Ive seen those blue eyes and that face before and I bet you 50 dollars those are of my brother."

"You really wanna bet?"

"Bets are haram, Amina"

"I know. But isn't he too young to be your brother?"

''My brother is just a year older than me"

"Oh. Okay then I'll try to get some information if you want"

"Aww thank you so much. You're such a good friend mashallah" I said side hugging her.

"I know"she smirked.

I playfully pushed her to her class room.
"Hey! Anyways what class do you have?"she asked me coming out from her class room

"Calculus"

"Enjoy yourself!"she joked.
"Same to you!" I yelled back.

I got into my class and sat with some girl named Sarah who could not stop asking questions about my abaya.
And the teacher was boring as usual. He actually says he's tired of teaching and sometimes dozes off to sleep.

---------

I cant believe I told Amina everything about my past and that too the day after I met her. She seemed like the person to open up to and tell everything. She is kind, funny and even amusing. She eats pasta with chocolate sauce and makes us eat it too. The thing is it tastes delicious and not yucky.

Well enough about Amina I can already see her smirking.

I exited the school building and walked to Amina's car. She was dropping me off today.

''I got some information about Zahir!!" She yelled as I closed the door of the car.

"Cool! Now spill" I told her.

"Rude much?"

"Ahan!"

She frowned and remained silent for some minutes.

"Well he was a born muslim and was in the orphanage when he was adopted by a christian family and moved to new york after seven years and a week ago he converted back to Islam" she spoke. I knew she couldn't keep it in. I removed my niqab and looked at her for some seconds before smirking. She glared at me.

"Rude much?" I mocked her. she just smiled tightly which made me laugh.

"Wasn't he muslim when he was adopted? "I asked after some time of recalling what she said.

"No. his parents made him christian."she said."did your parents not know that adopting is forbidden in islam. You know sending your brother to the orphanage where anyone can adopt him?"she continued.

"One-if you would have told this to my parents, they would have said they did not care. Two-even if they would have cared they did not have enough money to keep him. and Three-now I'm positive he is my brother" I told her.

"Okay. but how can you be so sure he's you brother?"

"Because his past story is same! And I remember that I have seen those blue eyes before! I also remember him having the same features"I exclaimed.

"But what if he's your brother's friend? And did you not tell me that your brothers name is Asif Farookh?"she half-screamed.

"He cannot be his friend! Because I think he is still in California and they said my brother moved to New York! And we don't even surely know if that friend of his was adopted by a Christian family! And that maybe my brothers parents changed his name! Wait, you know his surname? "I asked her.

She nodded before answering "Zahir Yusuf"

"So maybe his family might've converted too! Yay I finally found my brother!" I did a little dance in my seat and dropped the tissue box in the process to earn another glare from Amina. I swear she looks so cute when she glares.

After a few minutes of silence and some more glares from Amina,we stopped at Dina's house.

"Hey can you share and apartment with me?"I asked her when I got out.

"What? Me?"

"Yeah cause I need to earn on my own and live in an apartment sharing with someone. So I thought if you could share an apartment with me......."

"I'll ask my grandma if she's okay to live with Ameen and Zahra."she said referring to her brother and his wife.
"Okay see you tomorrow! Assalam walaikum"

"Wa alaikum assalam"she replied And drove off.

I walked into the house only to be jumped on by Fred and George.

"Hathna look whath mom thifted me!!" Fred jumped up and down with a toy water gun in his hands.

"And look at my gift! Isn't it cool?" George exclaimed showing me a baseball kit.

"Yeah! OMG! Look at your baseball bat! And your gun reminds me of my own when I was your age" I said fake sniffling just to play along.

"Really? Whath wath ith lithe?" Fred asked.

"Let's play Hasna!" George dragged me into the house.

"Okay okay!! lets go in!" How energetic these kids are. Mashallah. I wish was a kid too.

So what do you think?
Hasna thinks zahir is her brother. Is it true? Read more to find out.

Comment and like

🌴🍃🌺🌺🍃🌴
💛🌻🌻🌻🌻💚
🌻🌻 😍 🌻🌻
🌻 Love YOU 🌻
🌻🌻 🌹 🌻🌻
💚🌻🌻🌻🌻💛
🌴🍃🌺🌺🍃🌴

Gorgeous Hijabi