chapter 13

Dedicated to fkenia19

Zahir's POV

My dad. He is dead. Even though i hadnt seen him for 13 years, i had felt a sort of connection with my parents, which had grown weaker the past days.. I wanted to ask hasna about them, but feared that they might be dead. I wanted to meet my parents real bad. They loved me and i loved them. A lone tear escaped my eyes as  i wiped it and stood up. Hasna was still crying. But i didnt know what was she apologizing for. Ill ask her later. For now i need some fresh air. I stepped into the balcony and looked at the city of new york. Ya allah, why did you take them away from me? Asif, dad and My foster parents left me. But thank you for the good friends you have gifted me with. But now i have no chance to see my biological parents again. Parents. Wait, parents? What about my mum? I turned around and saw hasna staring at me. Guilt and sadness filled her dark eyes.

"I promised zahir. I promised your parents that when i'd go to new york, I'd find you for them. I did not need to make any efforts to find you, but still i did not tell you anything. I was stubborn and mad at them because they refused to let me live with them. Because they wanted me to forget everything and start a new life in new york. And just make a promise to them that ill find you let them see you once, just once. But now i feel like i just stabbed them, betrayed them. Im so sorry zahir."

I absorbed everything she just said. But only one question was lingering in my mind. "Why didnt they come here by themselves?"

"You father was suffering from diabetes. He wasnt in a bad condition, though.  Your mum had to stay with him. I guess they came to new york and he..."she stopped and started crying.

"Dont cry. Its not your fault. If Allah didnt want him to see me, its okay." I pursed my lips, trying hard not to cry.

I remembered what i was going to ask her in the first place "what about my mum?"

"Yeah what about your mum?"
She thought for a moment before something sparkled in her eyes." I know ! We should check the details of the patient. We'll probably find the name of the person who was with your dad, aunty nafisa!"she exclaimed. I felt overjoyed and excited at hearing my moms name. It felt so alive and lovable.

Suddenly, the spark left her eyes and once more her eyes were dark. "But i just have the names with me and the detail are back in the hospital and- "

"You cant get it from there because Mr. Cooper will fire you" I completed for her.

She nodded. "What do we do now?

I smirked mischievously. "We sneak in"

-----------------

Assalmwaalaikum guys! Thank you for all your votes and tell me how you like the chapter by commenting below. And dont forget to leave a vote for this chap.

Love you guys !

GorgeousHijabi.