Thirst

Zero's POV:
I tried to avert my gaze back to the headmaster, but her deep crimson eyes kept me locked in a chilling glare between the two of us. She was just as beautiful as she was before.
I mentally slapped myself. What are you thinking?! She's a vampire now, a pureblood at that! I'm a hunter and it's my duty to stay on task.
I was able to break the stare and turned my eyes back to the headmaster.
"So, you wanted to discuss the Night Class?" He asked.
It had been two years since the fall of Cross Academy. The building itself was done, but only a Day Class and secondary dormitory were there. I found it repulsive that he still wanted to make peace with vampires after everything they did to us before.
"Yes, we would. I don't believe it's safe in the dormitories though, so I believe we should travel from our own homes." Kaname replied.
Kaien looked at Yuki and then to me. Feeling the tension, he pulled out an envelope and beckoned me forward. "You have a job. All the details are in the envelope." He murmured.
I nodded and walked into the living quarters, where Yuki looked through me again, and left through the door. I pressed my back against it in relief of being away from them.
I opened the envelope, pulled out a small piece of paper and read the tiny print scribbled across it in a frantic like manor.
Assigned to: Zero Kiriyu
Rank of Task: Sx3
The number of Level E vampires has increased greatly in the past week. We hope you and the other top class hunters can take care of it. Best of luck. -Hunter's Association
Location: Sakura St., Kono Manor.
The other sheet of paper was just a wrinkled map that was splattered with long dried blood.
After carefully reading through everything, I walked out the gates of Cross Academy. It wasn't really a new experience, for I had gone out for tasks like this many times before, but I couldn't focus. I couldn't get those eyes out of my mind. Her eyes, those of a pureblood, piercing through me with hatred, as if reading a terribly written story. The thought of vampires left a foul taste in my mouth. Quickly focusing myself again, I got to the location immediately.
Then I wondered, Is Yagari already here? Why don't I see or hear anything..?
My mind raced for a moment until a putrid stench hit my nostrils, causing my eyes to glow a deep crimson. One of my comrades lay dead and sucked dry in a pool of her own blood. It made me sick just getting a slight glimpse. I hoped no one else was dead.
Then, I sensed it. The presence of another life form. I aimed my gun at the spot and shouted at the bush. "Come out or I'll shoot!"
Yagari appeared in front of the bush, wounded and bleeding. "Lower your weapon, Zero.
My eyes were a deep rouge and my fangs were fully extended at the scent of so much blood. Though I had acquired Shizuka's blood and Kaname's when I drank his blood, not to mention Yuki's awakened vampire blood, It was only a temporary cause. The thirst would become nearly unbearable at times. I lowered my weapon at the sight of him.
"You okay, Zero?" He asked instantly, knowing that the blood must be affecting me.
"Yeah.." I was able to retract my fangs and bring my eyes back to their original deep violet color.
"Let's go." Yagari nodded.
I nodded as well and we set off for the manor.

Hope you guys enjoyed! Thanks for reading Chapter 2 and I'll see you in the next one!
Peace! ~zerothegreywerewolf