Chapter 1: Why. So. Serious?

Hi, my name is Liliana Pearce, and I am currently being questioned at the Arkham Asylum for the murder of 15 people. I killed every single one of them, of course. I just wanted to have a little fun.

There were at least 3 guards outside the office door, where I was at, and 4 leaned against each wall of this tiny space they call an office. I didn’t like it here, I missed my daddy. I know he’ll be here to get me soon, but the sooner the better. I have no idea of how I got here, the last thing I remember was aiming for my 16th victim, until Batsy showed up, I didn’t have time to realize he was there before he knocked me out cold. Next thing I know, I was waking up strapped down to a wheel chair in a small room surrounded by guards.

“Lili, can you tell me why you’re here?” Said the man in the ugly white lab coat, I think I heard one of the guards call him Dr. Arkham. I grinned at him, barely raising my head to look into his eyes, “I just wanted to have a little fun, but daddy was right, no one in this city can take a joke.” I say, laughing at the man in front of me. He just gave me a stern look before continuing to question me. “So you call murdering 15 people having fun? Lili, I need you to be serious. We want to help you!” I laughed as loud as I possibly could, making every guard in the room flinch. “I thought it was so much fun, until Batsy had to come and crash my party! Please Dr. don’t call me Lili, that names for my daddy only. But, Why. So. Serious.?” I let out an evil laugh, tilting my head up slightly to see the look on the Dr.’s face, but there was nothing. “Very well then, Liliana. Could you tell me who this ‘daddy’ is you’re talking about?” He says, as a smile spreads across my face. “Oh, don’t worry. You’ll be meeting him very, very, soon.” I say, whispering just loud enough for him to hear me. “Alright, well, you wait here while I go arrange a room for you, I know we’ll be needing one of the ‘special’ rooms for this one. Until next time, Liliana.” Grinning, I whisper, “Bye Doc.”

It’s been nearly 3 hours, and I’m still sitting in this small office space, strapped down in the same spot. I wish daddy would hurry and come get me. I don’t want to be here anymore, I don’t like it here. They have me dressed in this awful jumpsuit, I’m strapped down to a wheel chair, and did I forget to mention I’m also in a straight jacket. Real classy huh? Daddy’s not going to like the way they’re treating me, I’m a lady he says, and this is no way to treat a lady. Oh, I bet you’re wondering who this daddy of mine is! Well, let’s flashback to where it all began, 3 years ago today!

  •I hope you all enjoy the first chapter of my book, I'm not using Harley as Joker's love interest, but there will still be references from Suicide Squad in this! This is my first book I've ever written, so please let me know what you think, and I'm open to any suggestions! If this book does good, I'll try to update frequently. Don't forget to comment and vote. Thank you!•