I Think It's Time She Comes Along With Me

I stare at the alarm as it goes off precisely at seven am. Seeming as though I've been awake for about a half an hour now simply staring and wondering what the day will hold for me. I decide to begrudgingly shut it off as it was beginning to get on my nerves, and decide to get myself ready for a nice long shower. I walk towards my closet to decide on what to wear all though I know there isn't much that I can choose from. I decide to settle on a pair of black low rise slim pants that stop at my ankles which I can fold to give it some fashion sense as if to say and which I decide to pair it with an ivory colored sleeveless blouse with a bow that comes around from the neck centered in the middle. I choose a white bra to wear with it and the matching panties to match it with. Which only reminds me that I need to go shopping for more once I get the money for it, as I remember that this is the only color matching lingerie set I have. I settle on a black pair of flats, and decide to rummage through Mia's closet for a black cardigan to complete the set. Once having done all of the following I begin to head to the bathroom while checking the time to see the clock stating 7:13. I begin to brush my teeth which follows by a shower and once having finished that process I begin to get ready. Once done I decide on what to do with my hair and eventually I settle on simply putting it up into a high ponytail, I don't wear makeup simply because I don't know how to do it, I know the basics of course but let's be real how long can a girl continue to live her life  with simply "the basics." It's impossible. Mia has always done my makeup whenever we head out somewhere, or a family gathering or any other events. She's been such a girly girl which sometimes I envy because, when it comes to being girly it doesn't come naturally to me as it does for her. I shake my head to notice the time and to only be surprised to see that it's 7:35, my goodness where does time go. I finish my hair, and decide to borrow some cute diamond stud earrings from Mia as well, and place them on my ear, and decide to use the same bag as yesterday.

Once having finished breakfast I rushed out at exactly 7:50am which happens to be five minutes later than what I should have left. Which reminded me that I may have to start waking up a little bit earlier or maybe simply just pick out my clothes the night before. Before I know it I see the bus approaching the bus stop which leads me to break into a run and yelling at the bus to wait with such panic in my voice. Knowing very much that if I miss the bus I'd be late to my very first day of work. Without a doubt I pushed myself to run faster and faster and before I realized I had caught up to the bus just as it was about to pull off. I jumped on with my breathing out of control and I'm pretty sure I look like a maniac. Although it did not seem to bother me because, everyone from time to time has had to break into a run to catch the bus.

Once having settled in to my seat on the bus, I only then failed to realize that I didn't grab lunch. I mentally cursed at myself and checked my bag to see if there was anything at all that I might have to help me sustain throughout the day. To my luck only one bag of chips left, which I remembered were from yesterday. I sigh in frustration knowing full on that I will be hungry throughout the day, because I only brung enough money for the bus to and the bus back. It's fine, I mentally tell myself. At what ever time I get off of work, I'll simply get something to eat once I get home. Once mentally making a checklist of the things I need to do, I decided to continue reading my book to pass the time.

Before I realize it, the hour has flown and I'm standing right outside the magnificent building yet again. The awe comes back as if on cue, I check my watch to realize I am still on time just as early as yesterday. I begin to walk towards the entrance of the building, to be greeted by the coolness of the central air yet again. Only then I had realized how hot, it was outside. I quickly look around for a restroom to go freshen up and to my luck I find out, just across the lobby. I head straight for it, and once having finished getting freshened up. I hesitantly walk towards the elevators that will transport me up to my hell. Well not my hell but with his snarky comments, and nasty attitude I'm sure it will make for an unpleasant day, or correction days to come.

As I walk by, again I am cheerfully greeted by the front desk receptionist Elizabeth. Whom I may recall I had the most embarrassing encounter with yet of all time.

"Good Morning, Amelia. Ready for your first day?" Elizabeth stated with a gleam in her eye.

Which made me question whether or not Mikayla was lying or not about her playing around. I wave it off and decide to answer.

"Uh, Amy. You can call me Amy, and good morning to you too. I'm a little bit nervous but then again who isn't nervous on their first day." I tried to smile off the nervousness behind my words.

"Okay, Amy (she smiled at me) well don't worry I'm sure you'll do great." She said.

"Thank you. I'll be heading up now, don't want to be late or anything." I smiled back as I began walking towards the elevator.

I turned around before she could say anything and made sure to rush quickly to the elevators thanking them for being open right at that moment. Once hopping in I realized, I was just on time having the elevators open in front of me.

As if on cue Mikayla stops me just as I am about to get off the elevator cart.

"Hey, congrats on getting the job! Super excited you'll be joining our team." She said with a genuine smile.

"Oh wow, thank you." I gave her a smile back.

"Well you're pretty early which is really good. Now, Mr. Anderson informed me to give you our personal tour and inform you where everything is and once we're done here. He'll give you his own personal tour since you'll be apart of his PA team. Sounds good?" She questions.

"Um yes, sounds perfect." I stated.

"Okay, now lets dive in with introducing you to the lead faculty and staff and what their positions are for when you need something specifically from one specific person. Okay, so as you've been informed already I am Mr. Anderson's meeting coordinator." She says.

I nod my head and begin to follow behind her and she points to the scenery in front of us. I take full view of how it is set up and the set up reminds me of an episode from Young & Hungry when Sofia went for her interview with Logan.

Once off the elevators you can see how huge the floor is with high ceilings and lifelike granite walls extending out of the elevators which then turn into huge glass windows, on both my right and my left side. To the left upon getting off the elevator you can see another receptionist desk, with yet another beautiful woman sitting behind the desk with an immaculate power suit. Then to my right I begin to notice small glass built offices, with the exact same format to my left. In the middle of the walkway there is mini cubicles back to back to each other.

Before she began to ramble off at what I needed to know in advance I took out a notebook and a pen.

Once finally being done introduced to everyone which by the way took an hour and a half. She introduced me to who everyone was and what everyone's position was she began to say something and was immediately cut off by HIM.

"Alright, Ms. Foster I think it's time she comes along with me."