Chapter Twenty One

Once back in the tent, Harry was overcome with excitement at the thought of the Hallows actually existing. He took out his Cloak and examined it, then looked to me.

"So this was once a part of yours?" he asked.

In reply, I shifted back to my true self  and took an edge of my own Cloak, which had long since become part of my hooded robes.

"Come, feel it." I said, beckoning them over.

"I just can't believe all this is real," Hermione said, shaking her head. "it's all just a fairy tale, how can it be real?"

"Hermione, think of whom you are speaking to," I said. "I'm not supposed to exist, yet here I stand. You mortals are, unfortunately, extremely close minded when it comes to things that may or may not exist."

She looked most put out when I said that.

"Do not misunderstand me, Hermione. I meant no offence, I speak only the truth."

She sat down as Harry continued to exclaim his excitement over the Hallows, exclaiming that the Resurrection Stone was in the Snitch Dumbledore had given him. I confirmed this by explaining that I had seen him do it myself.

"So. . .this is all real?" asked Hermione, who seemed to be having a hard time getting her head around all of this.

I walked outside the tent and came back with a stone I had found.

"Here," I said, handing it her. "that stone is now a one-time use Resurrection Stone."

"W-what?" she asked, almost dropping it in surprise.

"Turn it three times and think of someone who has died that you wish to see."

"Dumbledore!" Ron burst out immediately. I shook my head.

"No, Albus is still getting used to his death, it's too soon to call him back. Someone else."

"My parents?" Harry asked hopefully. Again, I shook my head.

"No. It's too soon."

"They've been dead years!" he protested.

I said nothing to him, instead, I looked at Hermione and said one word.

"Cedric."

"Cedric Diggory?! Why him?" Ron said.

"He is someone you know, and you will not think you are seeing things." I replied.

Looking uncertain, Hermione turned the stone three times. Cedric's spirit appeared immediately.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"Sorry, Cedric. I was making a point to these three."

"Oh."

"Is that really you, Cedric?" Ron asked, awed.

"No, Ron, it's a bloody holographic projection that I rigged up while we were all at the Lovegood's." I snapped sarcastically.

Sadly, my sarcasm was wasted on Ron, who looked confused and asked what holographic projection was.

"Never mind," I sighed. "but now do you believe that the Stone works?"

All three nodded their heads.

"Good."

"Oh, Harry," Cedric said. "your mum, dad and godfather all say hi."

"They do?" asked an awed Hary.

Cedric nodded before fading away. I hadn't put much power into the Stone this time around, so it was only ever good for a short use.

"Where'd he go?" Ron asked.