Chapter Twenty Two

After a few moments, Harry came round, looking practically grey.

After he explained to the other two what had happened, they both took a different side; Ron was aghast that Tom now had the Elder Wand, while I was completely unsurprised. Hermione, however, seemed to think the Wand evil, and was glad Harry did not have it.

"For goodness sake, Hermione, the Wand is not evil!" I said emphatically.

She fell silent, knowing better than to argue with the maker of said Wand.

Three days after we had been at the cottage, Fleur approached Harry, looking a little annoyed, telling him Griphook wished to see him. The four of us went up to Griphook's room. Once there, the goblin explained he was going to help Harry break into Gringotts - in return for the Sword of Gryffindor. He and Ron soon got into an argument over who owned the sword. I shut myself off from it. Wizards and goblins and their petty little arguments. I sighed.

The four of them began discussing ways to break into Gringotts; for the most part, I sat simply watching them, but every now and then would chip in with something I thought they might find useful; such as the fact that I could simply saunter on into the Lestrange's vault and take what we were all going in together for. I was shot down by Griphook, who did not seem to understand.It mattered not. In just a few months, he would be dead.

The hours spent in that tiny room turned into weeks, and Griphook, at Fleur's angry bequest, began eating with the rest of us downstairs.

Finally, one blustery April evening, I took out a tiny hourglass and smiled down as the name appeared.

Teddy Remus Lupin. No doubt his father would soon be here, ecstatic over the birth of his son.

Sure enough, not long after, there was a great pounding at the door, and Remus shouted that it was he, Remus John Lupin. He burst in and announced the birth of his son, to much applause. I smiled quietly to myself. A new life had entered the world.

Some time later, Remus left, and I made sure to give him a wide smile. I'd be seeing him soon enough, too. He gave me a confused smile before leaving, still joyous over his son. I felt sorry for him and his son. His child, like Harry, would never know his parents.

Bill took Harry aside, and I followed, invisible, to hear Bill cautioning Harry about trusting a goblin, and how they could twist things.

Some time later, we were all ready. Hermione had Polyjuice Potion with Bellatrix's hair in it; no one had seemed to hear me when I had said I could turn her into Bellatrix without the use of a potion. Once again, I was a silent observer, simply because no one seemed to realise I was even there. It was most frustrating. I felt like going up and screaming in their faces; I am here!

Finally, after Hermione had transfigured Ron's appearance, once again, my protestations once again going unheard, we set off for Diagon Alley and made our way to Gringotts.

Once in Diagon Alley, we soon ran into Travers, yet another Death Eater. Hermione introduced Ron as Dragomir Despard, and I bit back a chuckle. Dragomir Despard did indeed exist - he just happened to live on other side of the world to everyone else here.

"'Ow you?" Ron said, extending his hand, which was slightly grubby. Travers took it with an air of heavy distaste.

"Brilliant, Ron!" I said, grinning. Of course, I made sure Travers did not hear me.

We were soon inside the halls of Gringotts; apart from a few incidents where Harry had to use the Imperius Curse, all went well. I flew down to the Lestrange's vault to wait for the others. I didn't have long to wait - they fell right in front of the door. Literally. Thanks to the magical waterfall up above us, all their enchantments had been removed. If it had been my enchantments, the waterfall wouldn't have done a thing, but I felt it prudent to mention this, and instead followed the others into the vault.

Immediately, we encountered issues. Harry didn't know what we were looking for - anything could be the Horcrux, unless it was the Cup. Soon, however, after discovering that contents of the vault were enchanted with spells to make them multiply and burn, Harry found the Horcrux, hidden away at the top of a wall. I flew up and grabbed it as the vault began filling.The door opened behind us and Griphook grabbed the sword and ran out, claiming we were thieves. There was only one way out and that was through. I dropped my disguise and roared at the goblins, all of whom dropped their daggers in terror and cowered, allowing the trio to get past.

Hermione jumped onto the half blind dragon, and I walked up to it and spoke to it in it's own language, telling it to escape, while I shattered the chains binding it.

"I know not who you are," he said, "nor how you know my language, but I thank you for freeing me at last from my imprisonment."

Saying this, he began scaling the walls, finally smashing through the roof of Gringotts.

"Go!" I shouted to the trio, flying by the dragon just before it took off. "I have to stay here, people are going to die!"

The last thing I saw before the grateful dragon took to the skies, albeit a little clumsily, which was only understandable after so many years confinement, was Hermione's horrified face as she realised what this meant.

Soon, Tom arrived with Nagini, Lucius and Bellatrix. Lucius looked afraid, Bellatrix, angry and scowling.

The goblins explained what had happened, and the moment they mentioned the imposters had taken a small golden cup, Tom screamed a scream of rage and fear. He was terrified that Harry now knew his secret about the Horcruxes.

His rage was terrible; he began casting curses left right and centre. Three of them went right through me. I swung my scythe in a wide arc, my scythe cathing every soul as the deaths of their vessels ocurred.  I walked over to Tom, who hissed at Nagini to come to him and he Disapparated. I myself vanished, appearing at the trio's side as Harry was coming round and explaining to the other two that the final Horcrux was at Hogwarts.

Well, it will be at Hogwarts once you go there, Harry.

Far away, back in Shell Cottage, Luna was sat by Dobby's grave, humming to herself and staring at the blank hourglass I had given her. She stared at it curiously as the part where a name should be began shifting, almost as though it was awakening.

I knew that once I arrived at Hogwarts, I was going to have my work cut out for me. May 2, 1998 was the day a lot of people were going to die. What I didn't know, was that it was also to be the birth of someone very special.