33.

Hey, I almost forgot about this folder until you texted me today.

I was such a mess, it's quite funny.

It's been quite a while, hasn't it?

Why do you want to meet up after so many years?

Did someone else break up with you? Are you willing to kiss me and make me remember how whiskey and tobacco laced your breath?

I hate whiskey and tobacco, but I still carry my lighter around.

I don't hate them because they remind me of you. I hate them because they will, eventually, damage me like you did.

You're just like whiskey and tobacco, except your damage was temporary and theirs is permanent.

No wonder you tasted like them.

Delicious things sure are harmful, no?

Yes, I have started to take care of myself.

I found someone that I'm able to shower with "I love you"s on a daily basis.

Although she can't hear me, she can read my lips.

I met her at the bar we used to go to.
I work there. I play the piano.

Although, I go there daily, you never crossed my mind.

You made me experience both love and closure, for that, I thank you.

You said the piano and I would make a great couple, but the piano helped me find someone that would help me make a great couple with her.

The world is quite unfair to the two of us.
People pity and hurt her.

Remember how I said I feel everything you feel but ten times harder?

I feel everything she feels but fifty times harder.

I quit smoking a long long time ago.

I quit smoking, realizing it was about time for me to quit you.

I never knew god would do me a favor and help me get over you, but then again, I stopped believing in him a long time ago.

I stopped believing in him the moment I fell in love with her, because if god was there, would he have deadened such a beaut?

I wish you a happy life.
I truly hope life doesn't treat you unfairly like it treated me.

Sometimes, life makes us wish death upon ourselves because of how unfair it can be.

No matter how much you hurt me,
I honestly wish you a good life.

I know what it's like to be hurt and I do not wish it upon anyone else.

Not even the ones that hurt me.

I found a quarter of the happiness I've always looked for and it's all thanks to her. The rest of it is waiting for me.

People speak of death like it's something terrible, completely unaware of the fact that life is a living hell, when death is just absolute heaven.

I remember saying your laugh sounded like heaven, but I realized it wasn't about the sound you made. It was because I loved you.

You might wonder as to how I figured that out.

Well, you'll know once you fall in love with a a person that can't make a sound.

Thank you for teaching me how to love.

Thank you for being my first love, for I wouldn't have told her I loved her if she were to be the first girl I fell in love with.

Maybe being a coward when it came to confessing to you was a good thing.

I remember how my heart burned because of how much I loved you.

You taught me that love burns.

Do we burn the things we love?

Does that mean I have to burn my piano, house and girlfriend?

Does that mean I have to set myself on fire?

Yes, I started to love myself.

You never taught me how to love myself, but she did.

You fed the fire within me and now it's time to feed the fire to my house, because what's better than to die what so happily with the one you love?

Now you know why I still carry a lighter.

Take care.

-Yoongi