Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Malachi

       "Try opening it again," Munro Wilde said, making Hunter sigh once again.

       "I tried," Hunter said. "Ten times. It's not budging, so how about you try for once?"

       "There's no point of me trying," Munro said. "It's not going to work."

       Hunter scoffed and leaned his head against the wall. "I don't even get what's going on," he said.

       "It's probably another one of Cannon's pranks," Munro said.

       "Pranks?" I asked.

       "Every year, Cannon always pulls a prank during HallowPalooza," Munro explained. "And I'm guessing this is one of the pranks."

       "No way," Hunter said. "This may seem like something Cannon would do, but this now way he would choose Zander as someone he would trap in a closet." Hunter then looked over at Hunter, who was sitting on the floor, trying to take deep breaths. "How are you holding up?"

       "It's too crowded in here," Zander said quietly.

       "There's only four of us," Munro said. "It can't be that bad."

       "For Zander, it is," Hunter said. He crouched down beside Zander. "We'll get out of here soon, okay? It's not like we're going to stay in here forever. How long hove we been in here anyway?"

       I pulled out my cell phone, which unfortunately had no cell phone service, to check the time. "About ten minutes," I said.

       After I said that, the door suddenly opened and before any of us could do anything about it, Ricky was pushed into the room, blindfolded like we had been when we were put in here.

       The door closed and locked and Ricky took of his blindfold. "Aww, man," he said. "They told me not to go to the food table."

       "What?" I asked.

       "All four of you were taken while at the food table," Ricky said. "So they didn't want anyone going there, but I was hungry. I should have waited until the ten minutes were over."

       "What ten minutes?" I asked.

       "Oh, right, you guys don't know," Ricky said. "So some people organized this thing, probably as a prank, and if we wanted you guys to be free, we had to solve a riddle in ten minutes or they would grab someone else. Nobody was able to solve the riddle, exactly why I'm here."

       "You should have just looked it up online," Munro said.

       "Can't, internet and cell phone services are down," Ricky said. "Not to mention whoever is behind this locked all the doors, even the one leading outside. Nobody is allowed to leave until they solve the riddle."

       I sighed. "Great."

       "Aww, it's okay," Ricky said. "You'll get to see your lover soon."

      "Shut up," I said.

      "Just think of the hug you'll get from her when we get to leave this place," Ricky said, ignoring me telling him to shut up.

       "Bloody hell, Ricky, why do you have to be so annoying?" I asked.

       "You know, she would look really hot in that sexy maid costume," Ricky said.

       I looked over at Zander. "Any chance I could borrow that sword?"

       Zander pulled the foam sword out of his belt loop and handed it to me, either not knowing what I was about to do or not caring.