Chapter 15

* Hope/Bailey's POV *

Two pairs of eyes have been eyeing me the whole time I was munching on my favourite donuts, like I was some leader of a mafia and they didn't want me to get out of their sights, making it way too awkward for me to meet their gazes. They were literally making me melt under their stares that if I was standing up, I'll probably be on the ground, all jelly right now.

"What are you guys... Doing?" Blade uttered as he entered the room. His eyes were focused on me the whole time. Why do I feel like he's going to stay here too and forget the main reason he came here? Come on, this isn't even the first time I'm eating!

And I was correct. From the corner of my eye, he sat beside Jacob across from me. The only thing missing from them was popcorn since it feels like they're watching a reality movie, only it was just me.

But then, I spoke too soon. "John, can you pass the chips?" Jacob uttered and when I looked up, I found a bowl of it on top of the table on the side of my bed. Where did that come from?

"Wait... Why are we watching her?" Blade inquired, and all the while I thought he had an idea.

"She talked." Jacob shared.

"Twice." John uttered. "Well if you consider 'Umm', then it's thrice."

"Actually, four times because remember when you told me she talked before our chat?" Jacob countered as John nodded.

"This is so weird. You guys are friends. I think I need some time to sink this in." Blade joked as the other two sarcastically laughed.

After I've gulped two whole donuts, I pushed the box back towards them and cleaned my hands.

"Aww no fair!" Jacob uttered. "You already talked earlier." He pouted as I suppressed my laughter. They were all too funny and I knew if I stayed here, I might have to give in.

It's not that I didn't want to talk to them, but this was actually a good joke. The more they wait, the more I'll keep quiet.

Bring it on!

"So this is where you all have been hiding..." Chase said as he entered the room, perhaps even weirded out by the scene unfolding in front of him. "Why are you three watching her like a baby?" He asked, receiving three pairs of eyes glowering at him like he just said something terrible, his hands surrendering up in the air in an instant.

"She talked." John shared.

"Four times." Jacob stated as a matter of fact.

"And we're all waiting for a fifth time, maybe even more." Blade uttered.

"You guys are weird." Chase snickered. “Anyway Blade, they’re here.” He announced and gave him a knowing look like they’re speaking in codes, which used to be Jacob’s language.

“Tell me about it.” I commented after hearing that little comment Chase had uttered, restraining a laugh.

“Did she just…?” Chase stopped, and from the corner of my eye, I could see three heads bobbing up and down smiling. “Omg…” And he may even be speechless right now. I don’t even know what’s happening to the world right now, or more specifically what’s happening with the guys in this house. If all of them continue, I think I need to run away.

And with that, I managed to run down my door in just a few seconds, but I guess with four men inside the room, it’ll be a trap.

“Where do you think you’re going, missy?” Jacob uttered, gripping my arm tightly in his hand.

“I need to get out of here. You guys are weird!” I screamed, yanking my arm off Jacob, running out of my bedroom. Footsteps were heard behind me as they called my name, perhaps to stop me, but I continued running around until I bump into another person.