Chapter 19

* John’s POV *

A long silence welcomed me as everyone in the room stopped talking, giving me a time to think about who I was going to pick, or what I was going to do.

To be honest, I have no idea. This was the most heartbreaking decision I will ever do in my life, and even if my mind knows who I’m going for, my heart was booming loudly, giving me hope. Even if there wasn’t any other choice, I was still thankful for the time given to me to think about things.

Looking up to the two choices in front of me, Harley kept on crying, trying to break free from the ropes around him, while Bailey stood there calmly, with her head down. She looked once meeting my gaze as a tear fell on my cheeks. Unlike earlier, she didn’t show any anger or hate towards me, but more of a guilt-stricken face was what greeted me.

“Choose him.” She mouthed, before bowing her head down again as if she was ready for anything that was coming her way, making it more complicated to me.

I’m going to be that person who will break her heart once again. If I didn’t break up all my ties with her, then maybe, we will be in the mansion right now, instead of being here in this revolting place.

“What is it going to be, John?” Carla asked, snapping me out of my thoughts as I kept on wondering who I’m going to choose.

Although, we all know I’m going for family first. Harley kept on blinking in my head since I have figured it out what Carla had wanted me to do, but I was heartbroken that I’m letting Bailey go.

The door flew open as new people came in, pushing familiar figures inside the room. Chase, Blade, Slade, and Danny to name a few

“Mum, what are you doing?” Slade uttered, coming towards her, but the guards stopped him, pushing him back to where the other was.

“I’m not your mother. Stop calling me that.” Carla told Slade. “I’m done with you.”

“Stop saying that.” Bailey spoke up for the first time. “On second thought, Slade doesn’t deserve a mother like you.” She continued.

“I feel bad for you, Xander, I mean Jacob Hughes.” She commented and as I looked around, Xander was also in the room with bodyguards surrounding him. He looked at me, nodding his head, greeting me as I did the same.

“Well, I’m glad you all could come and grace us with your presence.” Carla evilly grinned, her hand was still holding onto a gun, pointing at the direction of the victims. “Does anyone want some popcorn?” She joked as she was preparing for the finale of the night.

While I… I was still thinking of a way to save both of them.

There won’t be a chance that I’ll pick Bailey over Harley. I’m all for family first, and I’m sure Lenny’s heart would tear up into pieces if anything happened to his kid. And I couldn’t do that to my own twin brother. It will haunt me every single day.

Though, I know it will still terrorize my mind, knowing I didn’t do anything to save the only girl which makes my heart beats perfectly in sync.

“Do you guys really think that by leaving Faith in the mansion, everything will be alright?” Carla inquired, surprising us all. “Take the girl out.” She instructed, but only was welcomed with a stunned expression as well.

Faith came out with Serenity and Love all tied up together.

“You found all of them?” Carla asked, directing her question to Slade, but he didn’t say a thing. The look on his face showed how scared he was for what’s happening tonight. I just wish the cops came in time before this finale, as what Carla calls it, gets executed.