Chapter 10: Jacob

I walk over to the girl. " Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?" She hesitates, shooting a look at someone who must be her friend. Her friend nods, and she turns back to me " ok.." I lead her off to the side and then reach out the grab her necklace. She backs away from me " What do you think you're doing?!" I hold up my wrist and point at the charm. She looks down at her own charm. " wait.." I smile " yeah, they're the same, and that patch of skin that's lighter than the rest on your right shoulder? I have that too, on my left shoulder" she takes a step towards me, before stopping " What pack are you from?" She asks suspiciously. " Eastern" she jumps back " I knew it! It was all just a ploy! Well I'm sure not gonna fall for that!" And before I can stop her she sprints off.

Lily:
Tears fall from my eyes as I run. How could someone do that? Give me false hope? I believed, and was overjoyed for a second. But then they said they were Eastern pack, and I knew it was all to try and get me to join their pack. I find Anika ( friend she came with) and grab her arm as I run, pulling her along behind me. We duck behind a tent and I sit down, crying as I tell her what happened. She was as angry at the guy as I was, but she was careful to keep a calm face. She wrapped her arms around me and petted my head, making me laugh a little. " Come on Lily, I haven't gotten to try all the food yet!" She jokes, pulling me to my feet. I smile a little, and wipe my eyes, letting her pull me back into the crowds of people.