Intro - The Household of the Malfoys

The house was cold, even with every room lit with a fireplace. Ever since Narcissa, Draco's Mother was killed in a wand accident and the Draco family was never left the same. Letters, cards, and notes of love were sent to help with the grief. The house was dark and dewy.  Dead roses were hanging off the mantle as if to say no light was ever shown. It was a dead wire.

The Malfoy house was not as lively as it used to be.  Parties, galas, and events used to be thrown when Narcissa was alive. She enjoyed being a positive talk in her town and making an impact, but Lucius disowned the tradition. 

It has been six months since her death and still the Malfoy men have not relived their past life. Lucius has been leaving the house at dawn and coming home rarely, but usually drunk and angry.  He lashes out and hits Draco. Time after time Draco would run outside and try to escape, but he would other peoples cars. His father brought home girls and they would try to get to Draco, but he would refuse. Draco's Dad hasn't been taking Narcissa's death well.

Draco sat in his room for months and months on end without saying a single word to anyone. He almost forgot to eat. Draco took his grief in his own way and he was  quiet about it. Crab and Goyle ditched him when his mother died. He invited them to her funeral, but they refused. He was heartbroken. 

Draco was starting school soon with no friends and no support system. Good luck at Hogwarts, Malfoy with a recently new, but popular wizard.