Chapter 3

The next morning came, Saturday. I love Saturdays, that's when I get to do whatever I want. Unless there's an alien attack which for some reason rarely happens on Saturdays. But it doesn't bother me, just means I can have more fun. What I'll do today I have no clue, might drive around, maybe go see a movie.

I get outta bed and get ready, doing my morning routine and getting dressed. Jeans, shoes, and a black button down shirt. Yes I have clothes with other colors than green surprisingly enough.

Anyway, gotta get a start on the day. I walk out of my front door grabbing a bagel on my way out. I wall a little ways down the sidewalk until I see my bike. And that's when I see it, well her. Kimberly's walking towards me on he phone. Trying to hide a smile I  walk over. "Hey there, fancy seeing you here."

She looked up at me, "Isn't it just?"

"Stranger things have happened." I looked down awkwardly, "So what're you doing around here?"

"Just out for a walk, taking a break. Perusing the town."

"That means reading."

"Not important."

I laughed.

"Since I'm here and, so are you, you maybe wanna do something?"

Wow, "Uh, yeah."

She smiled, "Cool, anything you want do?"

"I was actually gonna-" the morpher in my pocket started to go off. Really, out of all the times this could've happened why now?

"Looks like this'll have to wait."

I handed her the helmet to my bike as I sat down, "Hop on."

"This is yours?"

"Yeah, why do you look so surprised?"

"I, it's just cool."

"Thanks."

She put the helmet on and sat down grabbing my waist. It felt weird but whatever. I started riding almost getting hit by a car.

"Hey," she yelled, "Do you know where to go?"

"One, don't scream I can hear you. And two, I have no clue I just end up there by chance. Works out."

"Uh, OK? Doesn't seem like a good plan though."

"Plans are for people who have everything together, I never need a plan. Just gets in the way and leads to disappointment."

"Makes sense."

I turned a couple of corners and ended up in the courtyard of some park. Me and Kimberly got off the bike and walked around until we saw something.

"There." she said pulling me behind a tree, "They're starting to do something."

"Well duh, if they weren't then we wouldn't be here."

She hit my arm with an annoyed smile, kinda cute.

"Wanna just wait here or wanna actually do something before things get bad... er?"

"You kinda have a point, but I think we should wait for the others."

"Really?"

"What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing," I said getting quieter, "It's just, they don't seem...  I don't know how to say it."

"What are you trying to say?"

"They just don't seem cut out for  this?"

"And you are?"