chapter 6

Epilogue, Part One: Back to Normal?

Freddy felt himself loosen up right as the clock struck midnight, and sighed contently to himself. He saw Bonnie and Chica start to move as well, and climbed off the stage into the Dining Hall. Mike was seated at one of the tables, chair leaned back, with his feet on the table. He was tapping on the tablet absent mindedly, and looked up when he heard Freddy approaching, smiling.

"Hey Freddy," the guard greeted, adjusting his "SECURITY" cap.

"Feet off the tables, please, Michael," Freddy scolded, "You know the rules."

"I'm not going to poop on the floor, Freddy," Mike responded sarcastically, but did as asked.

"Honestly, you're so immature," Freddy told him, shaking his head. Mike saw the grin on his face anyway.

"So... You guys okay? What exactly happened yesterday?" Mike asked, becoming serious. Freddy looked up.

"Well, after you left, they hired a new guard, so we tried to scare her off," Freddy began.

"I see..." Mike replied.

"And then we tried to call you, and I accidently dialed this woman, who talked about 911," Freddy explained.

"Not good," Mike commented.

"Apparently not, because they sent over a policeman..." Freddy explained everything, being arrested, how they escaped, and what happened at the mall.

"...And, as you know, that's when you came into the picture," Freddy finished. Mike whistled.

"Wow. Damn, you guys need me more than I thought," Mike observed, taking off his hat and running a hand through his hair. The smell of baking pizza began to waft from the kitchens, and Mike took a large sniff.

"Well, now I know what Chica's up to," Mike said, mouth watering. His stomach growled. Freddy stared.

"Was that you?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm starved, so I hope Chica's willing to share," Mike said. He was answered when Bonnie walked up carrying a steaming pizza.

"Chica wanted to celebrate!" Bonnie announced, and set the pizza down on the table, and took a seat. Freddy did as well, and quite comfortably, since the chairs were made with the robots in mind. Chica joined later, and sat across from Bonnie and Freddy, who sat on Mike's right. Mike sat staring longingly, but waited for the animatronics to take the initiative.

"You gonna stare at it, or eat it?" Chica asked. Mike responded by grabbing a piece and taking a huge bite, closing his eyes at the taste. He swallowed.

"Holy crap, Chica," Mike praised, and took another huge bite. Chica smiled with pride. After finishing a second slice, he looked at the seated animatronics, who were watching him.

"You guys not going to eat?" Mike asked, reaching for a third slice.

"We're machines, remember?" Freddy reminded.

"Yeah. Where would it go?" Chica added.

"Right, right. Where's Foxy?" Mike asked, realizing he hadn't seen the fox around.

"I actually want to talk to you about him," Freddy said.

"Oh?" Mike asked, mouth full of pizza. He swallowed the bite. "What's up?"

"He seems... depressed," Freddy told the guard, "He hasn't left his cove since we were unlocked."

"So? That seems like him," Mike pointed out, wiping his hands off on a napkin.