Part 3 - The Truth

Earth 616 – Undisclosed location

I stare across the table at the small group of people sitting opposite me. The red headed woman and brunette had escorted me from that hell hole, which had turned out to be a secret base for some evil agency known as HYDRA. Apparently their leader was a NAZI who created HYDRA to take over the world. They didn't know how HYDRA hadn't discovered sooner that I wasn't human; but either way I was thankful.

Once we had vacated the building we were joined by two men. One was a tall muscular man with blue eyes and short cropped blonde hair. His name was apparently Steven Rogers and he was apparently a superhero called Captain America. His friend was less talkative but just as muscular with his steel grey eyes and medium wavy chocolate colored hair. His name was James Barnes, but he told me to call him Bucky.

When they were sure Void hadn't followed us and we were safe, that sat me in front of a computer and let me learn about this Earth through their internet. Which, thanks to my enhancement, let me learn within minutes. I was surprised to see that they were technically all wanted for some bogus charges, and it reminded me of when Ollie had gone legit but the cops still wanted his head. I felt my heart clench at the memories of my friend but I quickly push them away as I try to figure out how I was going to get home.

"So you're telling us you're from another world, or more rather, another Earth?" Natasha asks and I nod.

"I'm (Name) (Last Name) from Earth 1, well at least to me it's Earth 1. There I fight crime alongside my meta-human friend, the Flash."

"The Flash? What's his superpower?" Natasha asks from across the table and I smile as a chuckle escapes my lips.

"He's the scarlet speedster, fastest man alive. Well other than superman anyway; but he's an alien so he doesn't count." I answer with a smile.

"So he runs fast," Wanda says her eyes filling with sad memories. "Just like Pietro."

"You call yourselves Meta-humans, why is that?" Steve asks causing me to clear my throat.

"A few years ago on my world in a place called Central City, Star Labs invented The Particle Accelerator. It was a clean energy device designed and created by Harrison Wells with the help of fellow S.T.A.R. Labs Team Members Cisco Ramon, Caitlin Snow and Ronnie Raymond. Its original purpose was to power all of Central City with clean energy."

"Why do I have the feeling that didn't happen?" Natasha says and I nod.

"On the night it was turned on everything went wrong and The Particle Accelerator exploded sending a huge shockwave into the sky and throughout Central City. In the aftermath of The Event, The Particle Accelerator created and gave birth to Meta-humans and the most well-known being The Flash."

"Who's your friend?"

"Yeah." I pause not sure if I should tell them more about Barry but then who was going to care? No one on this world knew about mine and it wasn't like Barry was going to be able to come here. "My friend, he was a Forensic Scientist from the CCPD who on the night the Particle Accelerator exploded he was struck by lightning."

"Shit!" I hear Bucky say for the first time since our conversation started.

"The lightning, plus a mixture of chemicals he fell into, triggered a chain reaction in his DNA; downside he was in coma for nine months, all of which I spent by his side. I didn't know it at the time but I could have healed him faster."

"You have healing abilities?" Wanda asks a hopeful look in her eyes.

"Among others I am not comfortable with sharing."

"How can we trust you if you won't be honest with us?"

"What do you want me to say?" I yell as I push myself to stand. My face fills with fear as I continue, "I'm stronger than ten billion exploding suns. I can heal myself and others even if we are inches from death. I can resurrect myself, and on the list of meta-humans and aliens I rank at the top of the most powerful. My powers alone could destroy this entire universe so excuse me for not wanting to broadcast it to the world!" My sudden outburst, plus my confession, causes them to stare at me in shock.

"Look, (name)," Steve says as he stands up and walking around the table places his hands on my shoulders and continues, "I, I mean we, didn't mean to push you into a corner."

"Look," I say pushing his arms away. "I'm not here to start or do anything. Somehow or another Void said I brought us here. I don't know how or why he is so fixated on me; but what I do know is that I am the only thing that can stop him."

"How do you know that?" Bucky asks pulling my attention toward him.

"Back on my world, I work with some of the smartest minds in the world; but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that light defeats dark and that's what he is."

"Do you know who he is?" Natasha asks and I cock an eyebrow at her in confusion. "You both are Meta's right? That means he had to have been human before the Particle accelerator exploded." Suddenly recognition hits and I rub my forehead as I try to think about who Void could have been.

"What is it?" Steve asks and I furrow my eyebrows.

"I'm trying to think about who he could be. When he had his 'FOG' thing wrapped around my throat he said he wanted me to suffer like he did. I don't get it though. I've never made anyone suffer. I've never done anything remotely mean in my entire life."

"Maybe it's not about what you did." Bucky says and I turn to stare at him in confusion. "Maybe it was someone around you that hurt him and since he can't get to them he's using you."

"You seem to know an awful lot about it." I say as I narrow my eyes at him. His eyes avoid mine causing me to understand completely. "Who did you do it too?"

"He didn't mean too." Steve says but I hold my hand up to stop him from continuing.

"I can see it in his eyes." I say as I slowly move toward him causing his eyes to shoot back to me. "I've seen those eyes before." I reach forward unconsciously my hand starting to glow as touch his face. He stares at me in confusion for a moment before the light warms his face causing him to lean into my hand. I smile softly as I say, "You've been through a lot, I hope it gets better from here. This, is all I can do for you. I hope it helps."

Through our connection I send my healing powers into his mind and slowly start to heal the damage HYDRA and the Soviets did on his mind. Every little scar, every little manipulation they implanted in him I removed so that they could never use him again. When I was done I pull my hand away and as he opens I see a sliver of hope fill them.

"What did you do?" I hear Steve ask and I slowly look back to him.

"I healed his mind." I say as walk away from them to a nearby chair and sit down. It wasn't like I was weakened by using my power, it was just that I was exhausted. Dealing with Void and everything was really exhausting. All the sudden I feel a familiar energy causing me to jump to my feet and look around.

"(Name), are you there?"

"Cisco?" I ask as I look for the source of energy. "Where are you?"

"You can't see me?"

"No," I reply as I frantically look around for him.

"(Name), Barry and Oliver are on their way back to Central City and when they get here I'm going to open the breach and come get you."

"Ollie knows," I say my heart clenching. "I told Barry not to tell him."

"That's something you'll have to talk to him about when he gets there."

"Believe me I will, after of course I hug him." I say and without so much as another word Cisco's energy vanishes making my heart clench.

"What are you doing?" I hear Steve ask and I turn to see them staring at me in confusion.

"Did you not see him?"

"We didn't see anything. What did you see?" Natasha says her eyes narrowing at me.

"I saw my friend. He said they're coming for me." I smile as tears fill my eyes. "I'm going home."