Part 5 - Old meets New

Earth 616 – Undisclosed Safe House

I stare at the set of clothes the woman Natasha had lain out for me and I cock an eyebrow. "There's no way I can wear this." I poke at the black leather pants deep purple halter top and matching black leather jacket.

"Sorry, it's all I have at the moment." Natasha says as she walks into the room causing me to jump in shock. "That plus the last time I used this safe house Barnes and I were undercover as bikers."

"Oh?" I say smirking at her as I mentally picture Bucky in a biker outfit. "Not gonna lie, that sounds hot."

"You sound like Tony," Natasha replies a smile covering her lips.

"Who's Tony?" I ask as I reach over and grabbing the pants slide them over my bare legs.

"He's a friend. Albeit he has some screws loose, he's a good guy." She says turning her back to me so I can put the halter top on.

"I've never worn anything like this before. Well unless you count my superhero outfit, but it isn't as tight."

"Sounds nice. All my uniforms are kinda form fitting body suits."

"Yeah, but honey, you can pull that off." I say offering her a complement as I slip the leather coat over my shoulders.

"Oh, I found you a pair of shoes to wear; and again I am sorry that all I have are stilettos."

"Oh that's fine, I've worn stilettos before. I worked at a club in Starling City and they were kind of mandatory."

"Superheroes need a day job."

"Ain't that the truth." I say as I take the stilettos from her and slip them onto my feet.

"I bet you're excited to go home." She says as she walks over and sits down on the couch in front of me.

"Honestly," I say as I sit down beside her my mind racing. "I am but then again, not so much."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Wanda says as she walks into the room her arms folded over her chest. Since they had rescued me I had spent most of my time getting to know each of them better. Each of them were silently suffering from something they didn't want any of the others to know about.

"I'm worried about Ollie." I sigh as I reach up and run a hand through my hair.

"That's the childhood friend you were telling us about the other night?" Wanda asks and I nod.

"Yeah," I intertwine my fingers in front of me before I continue, "I have no idea what I'm going to say to him. I never told him I was Lady Light. Ever since we were kids he'd always promise to protect me and keep me from harm's way, but when I became a Meta I put myself in harm's way."

"He'll understand why you do what you do. At least he should since he does the same thing." Natasha says as Wanda nods in agreement.

"I hope so, the last time Ollie and I had a fight I moved ten hours away. Not that it kept him from keeping tabs on me." I add with a groan as I remember all the frantic texts and phone calls he sent to me after I technically ran away from Starling.

"I hope it all works out for you." Natasha says causing me to smile softly. I hear a knock on the door and I turn to see Steve walk in and say, "I think your friends are attempting to get here."

"What makes you say that?" Natasha asks her eyes narrowing slightly at him.

"The anomaly detector T'challa gave us is going crazy."