Chp. 2

"Come in," I say, mum popped her head around the door, "dinner will be ready in 5 minutes okay," I nodded and she left closing the door.
I remembered back to the dream, I was so confused by everything. I didn't have time to think about it too much because dinner was ready, I heard mum calling as I walked down the hall still smelling Miss Young's perfume which was intoxicating.

~~~~

Jake was skating on thin ice, very thin ice in fact. By Wednesday I had completely forgiven him for the fight, but we had an another fight at school, because he wouldn't let me use his phone to search up something. Which lead to me to getting upset, because it made me believe that he was cheating on me.
"Are you cheating on me?" I growled in a hushed tone. He looked at me in disbelief, the next thing I know he hit me across the face. I pushed him away with all the strength I had in me and I walked off holding in tears. I somehow unconsciously ended up outside of Miss Young's room. I don't know exactly why I ended up here but I did, and before I could stop myself I knocked on the door. I was kind of hoping she wouldn't be there but the door opened, she looked a little confused at first until she saw my face and saw how upset I was.

"Serena are you okay?"As soon as she asked me that I couldn't stop the tears, I'd been holding them in for too long, I shook my head and put my hands over my face. "Darling come here," She took my arm and lightly pulled me into her room. She quickly closed the door, then she pulled me into a hug. I stood there shocked at first, I eventually removed my hands from my face, and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her in closer. She smelt fruity, and it was intoxicating. I closed my eyes, and listened to her voice trying to get me to stop crying. Her voice instantly calmed me down and didn't take long before I stopped crying. She pulled away from the hug, and went to get me a tissue. I smiled thankfully as she handed it to me.

"I'm sorry for just showing up especially being new and all, I just felt like I could trust you," I sniffed

"That's okay, do you want to explain what the tears were for? And why your face is red?" She asked gently. I nodded looking up at her, she had a concerned look on her face, I went to sit down, and she followed sitting next to me.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair then started talking "So I was sitting with Jake, my boyfriend, just before and I asked to use his phone to search something up, and normally he lets me no problem because we've been together for nearly 6 years, but today he didn't let me," I sniffed a bit then continued "He refused for me to touch it, let alone even look at it, so I immediately thought he was cheating on me and got upset, and asked him if he was. That's when he hit me, I pushed him away and walked off, I somehow ended up here, and I'm glad I did," I looked down at my hands, I felt a hand stroking my arm, sending a spark through my body, I didn't understand what that was all about.

"I'm so sorry honey that he did that too you, that's not right at all. Can I ask besides him not letting you use his phone, what else made you think that he's cheating on you?" I nodded, and sniffed again before replying.

"During the summer he hardly called or texted me, and whenever I called or texted and he replied he would always be very blunt, and it's not the first time that he's refused to let me see his phone. I ignored it the first time, and when I asked to see him he said he was busy every time, and 3 years ago he cheated on me but I forgave him completely," I looked up, her eyes looked worried, "and we fight over the stupidest of things," I added, a couple of tears sliding down my cheeks. She wiped the tears away with her thumb, which caused butterflies to go off in my stomach. Which confused me even more. She pulled me into a hug again, I melted into her arms, smelling her intoxicating perfume. She pulled away but was close enough I could feel her breathing.