Typical

Blake was on the ground seizing. "Shit."

The dealer guy was no where to be found. Typical.

I pull my phone out and call 911 turning Blake on his side. "Hi, my brother is having a seizure." The word "brother "coming out of my mouth felt like I just drank bleach and it came back out.

They asked the obvious questions like where I was and what happened."Drugs." It was obvious looking at the surroundings. The room was plain with a baby blue full bed and tan painted walls. There were some pills on the ground next to Blake and some sort of shot thingy laying on the bed.

So much for finding Jake. I'm being way to calm for this. I continue to keep Blake on his side when bubbles start to come out his mouth.

"Shit." something shifts in the closet and I jump. "Who's there?"

Nothing.

"The police are on their way. I suggest you come out now before shit gets worse for you." I then hear a sniff and Jake comes in to sight. His eyes were bloodshot. This could have been him.

Tears started to build in my eyes looking at his sight.

"Get out of here. Go home." I couldn't look at him. It was disgusting and it was even more disgusting that I was trying to save him. This could have been him.

"Em-"

"Don't."

He had the same look in his eyes the day before the carnival. But instead of feeling hurt for himself, he felt bad about me.

But he didn't say anything else. He turned and left. I wish I could've left too.
Leave this all behind and forget.

Forget my brother ever came and and forget I even considered to leave a little girl home with her grandma just to goto a party.

I noticed it got extra quite. As in Blake wasn't seizing anymore. He let out his finale breathe before I heard the ambulance.

It was as if all I could hear was them and everything else was silent. The distant sounds were gone. The music, the people. Gone.

I was in my own world and I was slowly pulled away from my brother.

"We'll take care of this, go down stairs and-"

I didn't care to pay attention to the paramedic.

I was going to break down eventually, but not now.

I went downstairs were it was pretty empty. Everyone has scattered out probably trying to not get caught for underage drinking.

The cops were just pulling up.

One came over to me quickly and gave a small alcohol test to see if I was drunk or intoxicated. like that was actually the biggest problem right now.

I wasn't.

They asked small questions and I truthfully answered. All except saying anything about Jake.

I told them about Blake and how I haven't seen him for 3 months.

I didn't claim him either though. He was his own person and me and my mother are not his family.

The officer took my contact information and sent me on my way unless I wanted to stay. There was nothing keeping me here.

I went home and said nothing to my mom. She was asleep. There was nothing important to say to her at the moment.

I was feeling empty. Like I had no one.
Life is passing me by and I've taken no risks. And that has gotten me where?

Sure I'm like A1 in school, but do I have any friends other than Julia? I don't even know who Jake is anymore.

I went to my room and took out my phone.

I had no text messages. Just one missed call from four minutes ago. Jake.

I stared at it till it was covered by an alert telling me my phone was at 10%.

This brought me back and I called him.

That didn't mean I said anything though.

It rang 2 times," Hello??..."

I said nothing.

"Okay, I know I don't deserve this call right now, but listen. This might sound Corny, but there comes a time when you meet someone and all the expectations of a lover disappear.
You wanted deep blue eyes you could get lost in like the ocean, and then all of a sudden they turn into a dark creamy brown that become your favorite brown. You want someone who plays sports, but the way she study's for a chem test, is unimaginable. You'd want someone to say beautiful words to make you feel better, but instead you get a beautiful face that phases the pain away. You wanted a lover to compare you above the real art at the museum, but you get someone who stares at your eyes instead of the art.
You meet someone who makes you want to be a better person and then suddenly you're like them. They make you happy.
Find someone like that. I love you." Click.

And that was the end of the call. And that was the end of the deal.

"If I fall for you, I'll never mess with you again."

I felt like something broke inside me, I didn't know if it was the words he used or the fact that I just got a text saying my brother is confirmed dead at 12:46am.

I was alone. In my room, knowing, wishing, I wasn't alone right now.