Chapter 4 - Silver pistol

Hey loves!! After this chapter I'm taking a break but I'm thinking if I'm going to keep updating this story or not! Let me kno what you guys think! :) love y'all

Miles sat in class, staring at him as he bit the end of his pencil. He's so cute, he thought. Mr. Pereira noticed Miles' absentmindedness during the lesson.
"Mr. Hollingsworth, are you paying attention?" He said in  front of the class.
"Huh? Oh yeah the Spanish armada was definitely a very intriguing group to me. I mean 150 ships, that's a bunch," Miles said out of nowhere. Mr. Pereira raised an eye brow and nodded.
"Yes well, I'm glad you know what the Spanish Armada is, but pay attention," Miles sinked in his desk as his students shared glances with each other. The bell rang.
"So don't forget to partner up for your special project. Just a short PowerPoint  and a short script write of a scene from your favorite war movie," he told his students as they got up. Miles quickly went to Tristan and tapped him on the shoulder.
"Hey," he said. Tristan smiled.
"Hi. So...I like this guy," he started out saying. Miles gave a sly smile.
"Oh...um who?" Miles asked him, as they walked out of class.
"His name is Drew...Drew Torres," Tristan replied. "He friended me on facerange and asked if I wanted to hang out this week. By the way, do you have a partner for the special project?"
Miles stiffened. He wanted to tell Tristan how he felt about him but their friendship was pure gold at this point.
"Oh and no. I'll...be your partner," Miles told Tristan as he stared at Drew from across the hall. Drew noticed and sent a wink to Tristan which caused him to look away.
"Oh crap...I'm feeling all tingly feeling," Tristan said, holding his stomach.
"I...I don't think you should be dating that guy, he's grade 11. What if he's a bad guy?" Miles said but Tristan didn't seem to hear him.
"Okay I'll see you tonight. I'll come over to do our project. But maybe we could crab dinner first," Tristan said before walking towards Drew. Miles sighed heavily and banged his head to a locker.
"Dude, that's my locker," some kid said from behind him. Miles sighed.
"Sorry man,"

Miles walked down the hall where he met Zoë. She notice that he was a bit down and laughed.
"Little boy blue? What's wrong?" She asked, sounding concerned.
"Tristan has a date with...Drew Torres," he said angrily. Zoë raised an eye brow and laughed.
"Aw, Miles Hollingsworth III is jelly," Zoë teased. Miles rolled his eyes.
"I'm not jelly...well not that much anyway," he replied. "Ugh, what do I do?" Zoë was confused.
"Huh?" Miles punched the lockers.
"Zoë when Tristan told me that Drew wanted to hang out I wanted to flip all the desks in the classroom," he said angrily.
"Okay mad boy, but you can't be mad. You have the chance to tell Tris how you feel about him but instead your being a chicken. Pok poookaaawk," Zoë teased him. "Miles just tell him how you feel. Who knows, maybe when you do, he'll throw himself at you and be like I've loved you for so long too Miles Hollingsworth the third, kiss me and love me forever," Miles laughed as Zoë pressed herself against him, trying to mimic Tristan's actions. Tristan noticed them close together and gave a weirded out expression.
"What are you two doing?" Tristan asked, sounding jealous.
"Oh no Tris it's not what it looks like," Miles said as he stepped away from Zoë. Tristan nodded.
The three were making their way down the hall when they heard gunshots. Zoë and Tristan looked around as students were scrambling everywhere. Miles took their hands and let them to a utility closet. It was cramped. Miles peeped through the small window and saw the shooter, wearing all black and holding a pistol. Miles got nervous.
"What do you see?" Tristan whispered. Miles sighed.
"Shhh. We're going to get killed if you don't zip it," he replied angrily. Tristan nodded. The 3 were stuck in the utility's room for a good 30 mins. Miles thought the coast was clear and Miles opened the door. They slowly walked out when all of a sudden a gun was pointed to Miles' head.
"MILES!" Tristan screamed as Zoë held on to him. Miles looked up at the shooter, his hands and feed shaking.
"W-what are you doing? W-w-who are you?" His voice trembled. The shooter had a grin across his face.
"Someone. Just strolling through the neighborhood and thought hey what a lovely day to mess someone's life up," the shooter said, pressing the gun to Mikes head. Miles closed his eyes.
"Look man, I don't know who you are but if you want money, I have a lot of it. The mayor is my dad," Miles offered. The shooter raised an eyebrow and smiled.
"How much we talking about?" He asked. Miles had to think quickly for a second.
"I have like... maybe 5 grand in my account right now, see I have my card," Miles was going to reach for his wallet when the shooter yelled at him.
"DONT MOVE PRETTY BOY!" He yelled. Miles closed his eyes and began to breathe rapidly. "I want...50 grand, can you get me 50 grand?" Miles opened his eyes.
"I don't have that kind of money!" He told him. The shoot took the gun off Miles' head and pulled the trigger, shooting an already lifeless body beside them. The three got startled and Tristan and Zoë fell to the floor, crying.
"Holy crap, SHUT UP! You two are so annoying," the shooter then pointed his gun to them. Zoë and Tristan became mute.
"Okay okay, please don't hurt them. Look you can take me to my house, my dad is home today and I can ask him to give you the money," Miles suggested. The shooter stared at him with hard and blood shot eyes. He quickly glanced at Zoë and Tristan and nodded.
"Okay LET'S GO," the shooter grabbed Miles arm. Miles stood strong.
"Wait...please just let me talk to them," he begged. The shooter laughed and let go.
"Oh saying goodbyes? I didn't plan on killing you but go head. Might never know if I change my mind," the shooter said happily, "You have two minutes,"
Miles turned to his two best friends as tears fell from his face. Zoë and Tristan were already crying. Miles took their hands and tried to speak but words were so hard at this point. He let go.
"I'm going to be okay. Zoë, you are beautiful and a goddess. And I hope you find someone one day. We're still young so I know you will, I love you okay," Miles pulled Zoë close for a hug. Tristan stood there, crossing his arms. Miles took both of Tristan's hands and he started to cry more. Tristan cried too.
"Oh 1 minute kid," the shooter reminded him. Miles stared into Tristan's blue eyes as tears kept pouring out.
"Tris...you don't know how much you mean to me. And there's something I've wanted to tell you," Miles paused for a second, leaning closer to Tristan.
"I...I love you. I mean I've always loved you. But I'm saying that...I like you. Like, I wanna be your boyfriend like you. The I wanna hold your hand and kiss you before class like you," Tristan started to cry even more. The thought of him being the last time he ever gets to see his best friend scared him so much.
"Don't...don't date Drew Torres...he's...he's not the guy for you. Okay? Anyways, don't worry about me. I'm gonna be okay," Miles grabbed Tristan by the waist and pressed his lips gently against his. Miles slowly pulled away, as tears started to flood his face. He finally let go of Tristan's hand. Zoë pulled Tristan to him and hugged him as he kept sobbing. The shooter rolled his eyes.
"You're gay? Oh wow it makes me wanna shoot you more now, let's go kid, times a wasting," the shooter grabbed Miles' hand as they made their way for the exit. He looked back one more time to see Tristan and Zoë staring at him. Miles immediately felt a sigh of relief, knowing that his two best friends weren't in danger anymore. He now feared for his life and his dads as he got into the shooters car. They drove off and for a while, Miles hope that the car would crash.

OMG! Writing that gave me goosebumps! Yay Miles professed his love!!! What's going to happen next? Should I continue? ILY guys. Comments and favs are ALWAYS appreciated!! 😚❤️