Chapter 14 Better

Tristan closed his eyes and heard a sound coming from his bedroom window. He peeked his right eye to see Miles climbing through the window. Tristan immediately jumped up from his bed and stared at his boyfriend.
"What the hell?!" Tristan said. Miles dusted himself off and smiled.
"What?" He asked. "You said to come over,"
"Yeah...my parents know you're my boyfriend. Owen knows. You could've just used the front door like everyone else,"
"Eh, that's not fun," Miles grinned. He took a seat beside him. "How are you feeling?"
"I'm okay. I've been binging of friends so that keeps me busy," Miles sat closer to his boyfriend and tried to kiss him. Tristan pushed him away and shook his head.
"What's wrong?" Miles asked. "Does my breath stink?"
"No...it's not you, it's me. I don't know. Ever since the fire I just...I can't explain it," Tears started to rush down Tristan's face. A worried look washed over Miles' face.
"Are you okay? What's wrong...you can talk to me, Tris. Is it your depression?" Tristan stared at Miles.
"How did you know?" Tristan asked, shocked. Miles let out a low chuckle.
"You're forgetting that I'm your best friend too. I know you," Miles went on up Tristan's bed and patted the spot near him. Tristan climbed into his bed and rested his head on his boyfriend's chest. Miles put his arm around Tristan and kissed his head softly.
"I don't know. I just feel sad all the time," Tristan started. "Don't get me wrong. I love you, I love Zoe but I just feel like...I'm suffocating and I have no way of getting air...I don't know what's wrong with me," he sobbed. Miles patted his back and sighed. It killed him to see Tristan like this.
"If  I could take all your pain away, you know I would. But you're not alone...okay? I'm here for you. Your mom is here for you, Zoe, Maya...we are all here for you and we all support you," Miles told him.
"Thank you," Tristan said as he wiped his tears. "I need help. I think I'm gonna go see a doctor..."
"Well okay then..." Miles and Tristan laid there for a while. Tristan felt like something was  wrong. He had to know what was wrong with him.

Maya sat inside the library with her headphones on. She looked up to see Cam talking to the librarian. Cam looked her way and gave her a warm smile. She took her headphones off and gestured for Cam to sit beside her.
"Hi," Maya greeted as he took a seat. Cam nodded. There was awkward silence for a while till Maya started to speak.
"So...Tristan isn't doing to well..."
"Really?"  Cam all of a sudden looked concerned. "What's wrong?"
"Miles' said that Tristan thinks his depression make be back..." Maya told him. Cam shook his head sadly as he stuffed his booked into his school bag.
"That must suck for him. He's already been through so much shit," Cam started saying. "Are we going to the hospital or?" he asked. Maya stared at him confusingly as she closed her work book.
"Wait...you wanna go check on Tristan with me?" Maya asked, seeming surprised. "Like seriously?" Cam nodded as a smile washed up on his face.
"Does it surprise you that I suddenly care?"
"Uh...kinda but...sure.  I'll be heading there after school. I wanna go see him before the night falls. I have to be home by dark," Maya said as she tucked her things in her bag. Cam nodded.
"Okay. I will see you afterschool," he smiled as he stood up. "You might wanna tell him that I'm coming. I don't wanna like upset him or anything,"
"Yeah, okay. You know, if we leave the hospital a little early, we could go grab some ice cream?" Maya suggested. Cam shook his head.
"Maya, I'm a mess and I think we're better off as good friends. Okay?"