Aid comes from Reiner and Bertholdt

Marco calls Bertholdt but he was unable to tell him everything. He kept on sobbing while on the phone making Bertholdt worry about him. Bertholdt's pleading voice can be heard from the phone asking the same question over and over. "What is wrong? Please tell me." He did not know how to tell Bertholdt what happened. And every time he recalls the events that just happened, his chest would hurt from the feeling of being betrayed by someone that he loves. All he managed to tell Bertholdt was the fact that he and Jean had a fight, missing all the other details.

Reiner just came back when Bertholdt was still talking on the phone. He grabs a root beer from the fridge and opens it while on his way towards Bert who was looking down at his phone after the call.

"Who was it who called? Why do you look so down? Did something happen?" Reiner asks as he took a swig of root beer.

"It was Marco. He had a fight with Jean" Bert suddenly stood and faces Reiner. "I think I should go to his dorm and take a look at how he is doing. He needs someone right now."

"Don't meddle in their fight. That is their problem, let them settle it. This is not the first time this happened anyways. They will be fine." Reiner responds. Clearly shrugging the matter off his shoulders

Bertholdt held both of Reiner's hands and pleads. "This is different. I feel it. Reiner, please? Let's help Marco."

Reiner gave out a sigh of surrender. "Fine. Let me change clothes first."

Reiner and Bertholdt heads to Marco's dorm and found that the door was not locked; even the chain lock was undone. They slowly entered the house, while calling Marco's name. When they entered the living room, they heard someone softly sobbing. The sound came from the direction of the room, they approached it and finding the door ajar, Reiner opens the door letting Bertholdt enter first.

All the lights in the room were turned off, the only illumination came from the moonlight and they found Marco was huddled under his sheets. Reiner beckons Bertholdt to go nearer towards Marco.

"Marco" Bertholdt glances at Reiner, who nodded before continuing. "Reiner is here with me. We are here to listen to you."

Marco rises with tears running down his cheeks and puffy, bloodshot eyes that he got from crying. Bertholdt was sitting on the bed, comforting Marco while Reiner stood in the corner as he listens to Marco's narration of the entire story of why he got in a fight with Jean. 

The next day, Reiner and Bertholdt were heading towards their next class when, upon rounding up a corner, they saw Jean together with Armin right in front of them. Both of them stopped walking and waited for Jean to come close. When he was at arm's length, Reiner grabbed Jean and punched him hard on the face. The force of his fist sent Jean sprawling onto the ground. Jean stared at Reiner, unable to notice the blood from a wound on his lip and his face was filled with shock.

Reiner grabs Jean's collar and forces him to stand up. And Armin who, did not know what to do in this kind of situation, fled.

Jean watched in shock as his eyes trailed behind Armin, who was fleeing towards the campus forest. The campus forest looked so peaceful, with light streaming aross the trees illuminating the path which was lined up with trail benches and occasionally a table in which people could just hang out and relax. It formed a great contrast in which Jean and his friends are involved right now.

Bertholdt, steps closer to Reiner, grabs the strap of his bag tightly ready to throw, in case the situation might get worse than it already is and his face was clearly filled with contempt for Jean and for what the bastard did to Marco. Jean, who was filled with anger and adrenaline rounds up to Reiner. Jean grabbed Reiner's collar and Reiner does the same and even exerting more force than Jean.

"Why did you do this to Marco? What did he ever do wrong to deserve this kind of treatment from you?!" Reiner shouts at Jean's face.

"Don't you ever think that Marco is the only one who is experiencing so much pain and is having a hard time right now. I am getting confused and frustrated with everything, most especially to myself right at this very moment!" Jean responds with unmistakable anger and tears rolling down his face.

Jean shoved Reiner as hard as he could and left to find Armin. He wants to settle things with Armin right now. And maybe, just maybe, all the confusion which is bothering him will be all cleared out and he can finally start a brand new life with Marco.