The Dare

Third Person POV

Draco and Blaise stood behind the bookshelf in the library, watching Harry Potter. Harry was alone and doing his homework, not having any clue he was being watched.

"Come on Draco, it's now or never." Blaise whispered to Draco. Draco sighed.

"Alright I'm going, I'm going." He whispered back as he walked over to the table Harry sat at and sat down next to the boy.

"Hey, Harry." Draco greeted.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Harry spat, not noticing Draco had called him 'Harry' instead of 'Potter'. Draco took a deep breath and smiled.

"I was wondering if you would accompany me on a date this weekend?" He said more as a question. Harry's jaw dropped, but then immediately shut it and gave him an odd look.

"This isn't one of your jokes is it?" Draco gasped and took Harry's hands in his.

"I promise, no jokes. I really want to take you out." Harry looked into Draco's eyes for any sign of lying, but found nothing. Harry smiled.

"Then I'd love you go with you."

***

The following weekend, Draco took Harry out to hogsmeade for dinner. The two talked and laughed the whole night. Of course Draco had apologized for all the mean things he had done to Harry and Harry apologized as well. At the end of the night, Draco walked Harry to his common room.

"I had a really fun time tonight." Harry said as they stood in front of the Gryffindor common room.

"I'm happy to hear that." Draco chuckled. "I had fun too. I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"Definitely." Harry responded. Draco leaned in and gave Harry a kiss on the cheek.

"Goodnight, Harry."

"Goodnight, Draco."

***

Three weeks later, Harry and Draco had finally become official. Harry had taken Draco on a date and that's when Draco asked him to be his boyfriend. The whole school had known by now, and everyone was supportive of the two.

Harry was in the library looking for a book to help him with a potion he was wanting to make. He heard two people talking on the other side of the book shelf, but ignored them.

"Are you ever going to tell him." The first voice asked.

"Tell who what?" Harry recognized the voice as Draco's.

"You know who and what I'm talking about. Harry." That got Harry's attention. "Are you ever going to tell him it was a dare, asking him out?" Harry's heart clenched as he kept listening. He quietly removed a book to see who Draco was talking to. Thankfully, their backs were towards Harry, but he could still tell he was with Blaise.

"Why would I tell him?" Draco asked and Blaise shrugged.

"I don't know. No point in keeping it a secret."

"Well there's also no point in telling him."

"So you're not telling him?" Draco shook his head. The two started talking about other nonsense so Harry put the book back and slowly backed out. When he was sure they wouldn't be able to hear him, he dashed out of the library and ran to him room. He couldn't believe it. It was one of his jokes and he fell for it. How could he be so stupid to trust Draco and to think he'd ever love him.

***

After dinner, Draco walked to the room of requirements. Harry had owled him, asking to meet there. When Draco opened the door, he noticed the room looked quite cozy. He saw Harry sitting down on a small couch so he sat down next to him.

"Hey Harry, I got your letter." Harry didn't respond. "Everything alright?" Draco asked and put his hand on Harry's shoulder. Harry only pushed away his hand and scooted away slightly. "Baby, what wrong?" He asked concerned and Harry looked up at him. Draco saw that Harry's eyes were red, like he had been crying.

"Do you love me, Draco?"

"Of course I do. Why would you ask that?"
Harry shook his head.

"Don't lie to me. Do you love me?" Harry asked again.

"Harry, yes I do."

"Really? So none of this was a dare?" Draco's face lost its color.

"Where did you here about that?" Draco whispered.

"I heard you and Blaise talking in the library earlier. Is it true? Was asking me out just a dare?" Harry's voice cracked and he had tears starting to form.

"Harry, no. You don't underst-"

"Was asking me out a dare?!" He yelled this time. At first Draco didn't answer.

"Yes, but Harry it's not what you think."

"Save it. I wouldn't want you dating anyone you don't want to. We're done."

"Please Harry. Let me explain." Harry kept pushing Draco away, but Draco just kept grabbing Harry's hands, pulling him close. 

"Stop! You lied to me. You said you loved me, but we both know that's a lie."

"Harry-" Draco started, but Harry interrupted.

"Get out!" He screamed, tears pouring out of his eyes. "Get out! Get out! Get out! GET OUT!"

"NO!" It was Draco's turn to yell. "I'm not leaving you. I do love you Harry. I really do. And if you just let me explain everything, we could make this work." Draco pleaded as he was crying too.

"If you won't leave, I will." Harry stood up and walked to the door, but stopped for a second at Draco's words.

"Harry, please." Harry didn't look back.

"Goodbye, Draco." Harry said and walked out. Draco laid down and cried into the pillow.

Once Harry was out of the ROR, he ran to his room. When he got to his bed, he plopped down on his own bed sobbing. Both boys cried themselves to sleep.