Insecure

Non-magic au

Draco's POV

It was a hot summer day and my boyfriend, Harry, was over at my house so we could swim. Well, I was swimming. He was just laying on a lounge chair, reading. I didn't understand how he could still have a shirt on with this hot weather.

"Harry, come on in!" I called for him.

"No it's okay. I'll stay here."

"But the waters nice and cool. Aren't you hot?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"Only a little." I rolled my eyes.

"Then strip to your swim trunks and get in."

"I don't feel like swimming." I raised an eyebrow. Harry loved swimming, usually at least. He was on the swim team and was really good at it too. Why didn't he want to come in?

"The water will help cool you down. I know you're dying of heat, don't lie." He huffed, put his book down, and took of his pants and shirt, leaving him in his swim trunks. "Damn, baby." I said looking at his gorgeous body. He blushed and quickly sat back down, covering himself with a towel. I frowned and got out of the pool. I started walking towards him and his eyes widened as he covered himself more with the towel. "Harry, what's wrong with you today?"

"N-Nothing, I'm fine." He stuttered. He only did that when he was scared or nervous. I crouched down next to him and caressed his cheek with my hand.

"Then why are you acting different today? Why don't you want to swim with me? And why do you have this towel covering you?" I asked and took the towel off. He attempted to grab it back, but I tossed it to the side. He cover his body with his arms. "Harry, please talk to me." I saw his eyes start to water before he buried his head in his knees. I brought him in a hug and he silently cried on my shoulder. "Baby, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I-I'm sorry. It's j-just that Justin, f-from my swim team, told m-me I was to-too fat and that I needed to lose w-weight." Harry sniffled and calmed down a bit. "He said you're insane for dating me for so long. He's gonna try to convince you to be with him. And now I'm scared you'll leave me for him." Harry started crying again so I held him tighter.

"Harry, I would never leave you for anyone, especially Justin. You're beautiful just the way you are and I love you for that. You're not fat, you're well fit, and even if you were I wouldn't care. I love you for you."

"Really?" He looked up at me and smiled.

"Really." I confirmed and kissed his nose. "Now come on, let's go for a swim." Harry nodded so I grabbed him and we jumped in the pool together. Harry was back to his confident self again so I was happy.

I also had a little talk with Justin the next day. Let's just say he won't be bothering me or my boyfriend again.