Chapter 6

Percy's Point of view

I knew that the beginning of the war was only a few weeks away, and we were all doing everything we could think of to prepare. Ever since Chaos had joined us I had wondered about something. I wondered if he could do it, but I didn't know for sure, and even if he could he might not be willing to.

I found out his stance on the subject one day, though. I sat in my palace lost in my own thoughts, I was wondering if we even stood a chance in this war despite the fact that we have Chaos on our side. As if he heard me he appeared in front of me. I decided not to comment on the fact that he didn't knock since he's a lot more powerful than me.

He spoke first saying, "Perseus I sense you have a request for me do you not?"

I nodded, I had been wondering if he would be willing and able to do it, though. I wanted to do it, but I knew I wasn't powerful enough.

Chaos spoke again, he said, "I know you wish to restore the life of one who you believe should not have died."

I nodded once again, from his tone and expression I wasn't sure what he thought, or whether he would do it or not. I hoped he would, but I honestly couldn't tell.

I asked, "Lord Chaos can you do it, he could be a helpful ally in this war."

Chaos seemed to think for a moment before saying, "Very well."

We were about to leave when Amber walked into the room. When she noticed Chaos she quickly bowed, and asked where we were going. I told her, and she decided to come with us. Once we arrived in an open area Chaos began what we had come here to do. What was that? you might ask, well once he finished someone who's death I had blamed myself for stood before us.

He noticed Chaos first and bowed before thanking him,

Chaos said, "Perseus and I both agreed that you did not deserve all the misfortunes that befell you, and that your time was not yet complete."

I honestly wasn't sure what to say to the one who had saved my life when I was on the brink of death in Tartarus, and who had sacrificed his own life to save me and Annabeth.

I finally managed to say, "I'm sorry."

Confusion flashed across Damasen's face, and I realized that he hadn't figured out who I was due to the fact that I have changed a lot since the last time I saw him. mainly the fact that I had become a god which had resulted in some changes to my appearance. I would also like to think that I have matured since then, but some of the other gods might disagree with that statement.

I really don't care whether they think I have or not, ever since the last war we'd had peace, but now we will have to fight to regain that peace. Hopefully when and if we win this war the peace will last longer than a few years.

Once we explained to him who I was he said, "It was my choice you should not have blamed yourself."

I replied, "I know, but my fatal flaw was always loyalty, and now it is one of my domains, so that hasn't really changed."

I owe him a lot, if I had died down in Tartarus I would never have become a god, I would never have saved Christina, I would never have met the love of my life. There were so many things I would have missed out on if he hadn't saved me.

He agreed to help us in this war, and once it was over he would be allowed to settle wherever he wanted to as long as he wasn't really close to mortals.

I had already discussed that with the council, and although it had taken some convincing I had managed to persuade them all that it was a good idea since we would definitely need as many allies as possible. That and I was sure that we would be able to trust him, he had protected a mortal once, and he had saved me and Annabeth so I figured he would do it again.