MJ Fantasy ~ Mirror Image ~ Part 3

. . it hurts me when he says stuff like that . . . I can't help that I'm shy . . . I'm not like him. . . not at all. . we're completely different when it comes to women . . . I wish he could respect that. .

I stop at a red light . . I see in the rearview mirror that he's right behind me . . . why is he following me? that's not his way home . . . why doesn't he go home? I park the car in my drive way. "Michael wait!" I lock my car and look over at him "What?" - "I'm sorry for what I sait at the gas station . . . I didn't mean it. . . . you know how I am . . . I'm really sorry" - "It's ok . . good night! drive safely" - "Are you sure? you're not mad at me?" I force a smile "Why should I be mad? I'm used to you" He gets out of the car and follows me to the door. "You're used to me? what does that mean?" - "I mean that you can be pretty damn insensitive and cold sometimes. . . but it's alright. . like I said, I'm used to you. . but I know you didn't mean it. . . it's ok. . good night"

"Michael come on. . you're still hurt by what I said, aren't you? man, I didn't mean it! . . . you don't have to give me that look. . I'm sorry, ok?!! . . I know you have a hard time meeting women . . I'm not saying you should be like me. . be yourself because you're alright just the way you are" I sit down on doorstep "Mike you said I'm jealous of you . . . why do you think that?" - "I was joking, I didn't mean it" - "Yes you did . . you came out of nowhere saying I'm jealous of you. . I am not . . actually, I feel the total opposite . . I feel sorry for you . . . a lot" - ". . What?" By the tone of Mike's voice I can tell that this conversation is going in the wrong direciton . . . . .

"Nothing . . nevermind" - "No, Michael . . . finish what you were about to say! you feel sorry for me? like I'm a failure? is that what you wanna say?!" - "No . . you're not a failure . . . that's not what I'm saying" - "But that's what you're thinking . . right? . . pffff . . I can't believe I even followed you home to apologize for what I said . . . you're insulting me right now, you say you feel sorry for me? for what?!! . . for being the way I am? for not being a doctor like you are?? is that it? I never wanted to be a doctor even if I had the brains for it!!. . . I like my wild life. . I like the way I am, ok?!! . . we may be twins but I'm not like you . . . actually, I'm glad I'm not like you!!!"

Okey . . . now I just feel like leaving him here . . .

that's Mike . . . being aggressive and angry, like he always is. . . when he's mad like this he will not even let me talk . . not even a word . . . he can be so cold. . . literally . . . sometimes I can't believe he's my brother. . . we're so different . . . . Why didn't I just keep my mouth shut? then we wouldn't have this stupid conversation . . . . . . "Good night Mike" I walk inside and take off my jacket . . . . . arguments like this one really hit me hard and bother me for a long time. . for a couple of days, sometimes even weeks. I don't know why I'm like that, and it only happens with him . . . only his words can truly hurt me. . . . whenever we're having an argument I can't get my mind off of it until we're fine again . . . . I'm not sure if that's a 'twin thing' or something . . . I have no idea . . . I just had to leave him there . . . I'm not gonna let him talk to me this way. . . . when he's hurt or angry he tends to say the most hurtful things. .

( NEXT DAY )

~ Mike's point of view ~

I just came back from work . . . the stupid argument yesterday with Michael is still bothering me. I didn't mean to hurt him or anything . . damn, he's such a baby. . . you always have to watch what you say. . he is so damn sensitive!!! . . When I'm angry I tend to say things I don't really mean. . . I'm not the type of person to run after somebody and apologize but when it comes to Michael I can't help it. . . looking at him is like looking in the mirror. . . when he's sad - I'm sad. . . . and I admit that I did say some hurtful things to him . . .

. . (on the phone) . . 

"Hello?"

"Hey Michael . . still at work?"

"Yes. . why? what's up?"

"Wanna go out have a drink tonight? a new fancy bar opened up down the street . . I wanna take you, have a night out, meet some girls . . what do you say?"

"I don't know . . . I gotta go, I'm working"

"Come on. . it'll be fun . . brothers night out. . cruising for chicks! I'm gonna pick you up from work!"

". . . Fine, I'm coming with you. . . but I wanna go home and take a shower first. . ."

"Alright . . go home, take a shower and then you pick me up . . . 8:30 at my place. . . ok?"

"Alright. . . see you later!"
______________________________

I take a shower and get ready. I haven't been out with Michael in a while . . . we actually never go out together. . he just doesn't like the things I do . . . he doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, he doesn't like to hit on chicks . . . he's too nice and polite . . . . but hopefully tonight we'll have some fun together. . 

1 hour later . . .

"Finally! my ass was about to freeze in the cold out here!" I get in the car. . . "Is that what you're wearing? a shirt and tie? . . are you serious? we're going to bar not a theater!" - "Mike, I like this shirt and I like this tie, let me wear what I want!" - "You gotta be kididng me! . . . naa it's alright . . you look good! of course you do, you look like me!" . . . haha, I knew he would roll his eyes at me . . he always does when I say that. 

"Alright we're here . . . are you ready to meet a hot chick tonight, brother?" He parks the car and looks around. "We'll see . . I'm here to have a good time. . and that doesn't mean I wanna end up drunk in the back of my car having sex with a girl! Mike, promise me you will NOT do that tonight! . . . I just wanna have a good time and chill. . . I had a hard day at work and I'm tired" - "Come on Dr. Jackson . . I bet we will find a girl with some hot fever for ya . . . now let's go in before all the hot chicks are taken" 

~ Michael's point of view ~

We just sat down at a table . . . "Good evening, may I take your order?" I can see Mike from the corner of my eye . . he's checking out her behind . . he's unbelievable. "Yes, I would like to have a mineral water with a lemon slice" She look at Mike and waits for him to order "Let me be honest with you, I would like to order that ass of yours honey!" She gasps and slaps him across the face "ASSHOLE!!" She looks back at me. "I'll be right back with your water" I look at him shaking my head "Why did you say that?!" - "Michael, didn't you see that ass of hers? . . holy shit . . I was about to . ." - "Stop it Mike . . come on . . you asked me to come with you, now I'm here . . don't ruin this, I wanna have a good time!" . . . He forces a smile "You're right, I'm sorry . . I'm glad we're out together . . it's been a while" - "Yea . . it's been a while" The waitress comes back and puts the glass of mineral water right in front of me. "Thank you, ummm. . excuse me miss!" She looks at me "My brother would like to apologize for what he said, ain't that right, Mike?" - ". . . what?!"

~ to be continued ~