chapter.3- Fate

My eyes widen as I try to struggle against the restraints, once again but its no use, he used and enchanting gem on them.
I can't believe it, that jerk! How dare he do this! I owe him nothing and now he wants me!? Sorry to tell him but I will never be his.
"No," the simple word leaves my mouth without a second thought.

He seems taken aback but he still has a smile planted on his face. God, he makes my anger bubble, I hate him so much. Though, of course I don't know why he is taken aback, my answer would have obviously been no the entire time.

"What did you just say?"

"I said no. I will not be 'yours' I already have someone. Get it through that thick skull of yours."

He leans in so that his face is just inches from mine. A rather uncomfortable distance if you ask me.

"Oh and who may that be?

I have the sudden urge to spit in his face but I decide against it, doing that will just get me into more trouble.

"I'm not telling you you sick bastard, you will most likely have him killed."

He rolls his eyes, basically saying 'you know me to well' in a way.
"I don't see how you could resist me, I mean we are practically the same age and we have so much in common, so sugar why aren't we together yet?"

Well, maybe because you are a jerk and you are actually a few years older than me and oh, right, I already have a boyfriend. I'm about to answer but there are shouts coming from the hallway.

"Sir, guild master Jason! Someone has breached the guild!"

Jason looks at me then leaves out the door without saying anything, leaving me to lye alone in the room once again. A moment later there are a few bangs outside the door, then, Tristan enters.

"Oh my god Tristan!" I exclaim, tears filling my eyes. I knew he would find me. He always does.

He holds a finger to his lips and cuts the binds. He frees me a second later and I pop up from the bed and hug him as tightly as I can.

"We need to go," he whispers.

I nod my head and grab my items off the table. He grabs my wrist and we are out the door. We skid along the right hand wall and down toward the main entrance. Surprisingly there are no guards at the main entrance. I give him the hand signal that says 'keep your guard up' and he nods in response. We head down stairs and quickly spot a large row of guards. I tap the air and my menu appears I front of me. I go to my clothes section and change into a guard uniform, and strap a red stripe to my arm to say that I'm from this guild. Tristan does the same. We achieved these outfits when we were apart of this guild long ago. Both of us left it when I figured out Jason's fancy for me.
We step out from where we were hiding and all the guards instantly raise their swords, but lower them shortly after seeing our uniforms.

"We were ordered to watch the front entrance from the outside," I breath loudly, fingering my sword.

A solider nods his head, must be the main commander of the group, and Tristan and I make our way casually outside. As soon as we are out of sight we book it down the pathway and into the 'Great Evergreen Woods'. I have never understood why it has such a stereotypical name.
When we reach the deepest part of the forest we collapse on the ground, out of breath. I move close to him and into his soft embrace, breathing in his enticing scent of mint and lemongrass.

"Thank you so much Tristan"

"Hey, Anything for my girl"

He smiles. I push a lock of his long brunette hair off his face so that I can see his crystal blue eyes. I pull away from the embrace and like down on the grass.

"What do we do now? We can't go back," I say pouting.

"Let's send a broadcast out saying you were kidnapped during a raid at the K.O.B.A.L," he suggests.

I nod as he brings up the broadcast menu. I watch as he sends out the broadcast. There is a beep as the broadcast pops up on my own menu. Now everyone knows that I am gone, I sigh in relief.

"Won't people come looking for me?"

He shakes his head but still has a look in his eyes.

"They will but they won't come out this far."
I hear him breathe hopefully under his breath and I know that we should move after a while of rest.

I smile and rest my head on his chest. I can hear his calm steady heart beat.

"Do you have any food Tristan?"

He sits up and puts his arm around me.

"It just so happens, I do have some, what do you want?" He says with a smile.

I put a finger out my chin, sarcastically so that it looks like I'm thinking hard.

"A homemade sandwich?"

A grin stretches on his face.

"Done"

He scrolls through his item list and picks out a ham sandwich, one pops up in my hands, I smile and kiss his cheek.

"I can't believe we have been in this game for two years." He shakes his head in utter disbelief.

"Yeah it seems like just yesterday we bought the game."
Though the thing is, two years in the game is two months in real life.
We continue eating in silence.
Tristan has always been there for me when others haven't been. He knows my ups and downs, my ins and outs, and that's why I love him, he's always there for me when I need him.
When I'm done I tap the remaining but of the sandwich twice and it disappears in a burst of sparkles and digital cubes.

That's when I hear the snap of a twig.

Please vote, comment, and follow me! I love you all! -C