Sean

Smoking

Another head wrenching day. Usually his headaches and high stress can be worked around, but between his brother's angsty mood-swings and a customer who didn't seem to be satisfied with their tattoo (that they specifically picked out, mind you), everything seemed almost too much to bare. He needed to vent and let it out; but to him it seemed like too much of a bother.

He sighed as he lifted a cigarette to his lips. Smoking wasn't exactly something the ones in his life were happy with. His boyfriend and many of his ex's were always weary or worrisome about whenever he smoked around them. He smokes because of stress or depression, and a lit cigarette means something is getting out of hand.

He runs his hands through his hair, then jams his hand in his pockets in search of a light. His pockets were usually filled with some kind of lighter. The back ones held at least one cigarette at all times.

He finds his treasure in his left sweatshirt pocket, a small box of matches. He uses the box to strike the match, and lifts the lit match to the end of the cigarette. By this moment all his thoughts swirl, filling him up to the brim of worries and thoughts he tries to push away. His head pounds and for a single millisecond, his eyes water.

He breathes in, and lets out a cloud of smoke. His head is clear once more.