Fifteen

Never in a million years did I think I would be standing before my father with a gun pressed against my head. It had all happened so quickly: the disarming, the cries of the hostages, the cries from Peter. As I observed the several faces of the captives, my eyes settled on the boy in the red suit. Like a thief in the night, his mask was ripped off of him, revealing the teenage boy's true identity. Blood rolled down his nose and to his swollen bottom lip.

My attention was diverted as I heard a woman let out a groan of pain. One of my father's assistants has just kicked the lady in the stomach. "Stop! Leave her alone or so help me I'll--"

My dad's deep, strong voice cut me off, "You'll do what, Hadley? Let's face it, none of you are going to make it out alive. Look around you. Spider-boy over there is useless. None of these people can get through me. You, Hadley, you are just like your mother. She always thought she could save the world. That's why I killed her."

My breath hitched in my throat and a trickle of tears slipped from the corners of my eyes. All this time, I wondered who the culprit was for my mother's murder and he had been right in front of me the whole time.

"I can't believe you. I wanted to believe that Derek was lying to me about you, but he was right. You are nothing, but a murderer and a malicious creature put on this Earth to destroy every ounce of happiness in my life. You're not my father. You're the monster mom always read to me about. The one that hid beneath my bed each night, plotting different schemes and tactics. The stories were right, because there you laid on the couch, imagining my fallout. All of the bow lessons and self defense classes you signed me up for. It was all just a waiting game, wasn't it?"

He motioned for his assistant to lower the gun from my head. His footsteps echoed across the floor, his body moving forward at a slow pace. Time felt frozen in the moment. My hands grab the assistant's shirt collar and land my knee in his stomach. Time is key now. My body swivels around his, as he becomes my personal shield. Time is all I have now. As my father draws his gun and fires his round, his teammate drops to the ground along with his gun. Time is on my side now. I snatch the gun up from the ground and charge. Time is reversed now.

"Stop right there." The voice causes my body to freeze in place. "Drop the gun, Hadley!"

Riley stood across the room with a gun pointed at me. I stand deafened and confused by her presence. The room is silent now. My heartbeat is rapid, slamming against my chest, slowly falling to pieces. "Riley, you know I can't do that."

"If you don't drop the gun, Peter goes." Riley points the gun in his direction, her eyes still trained on me and the gun aimed at her.

"Derek made it out. You can too. Just drop the gun, Riley." My voice is shaky as I speak, the anxiety I have built up getting the best of me. She shakes her head at me.

"I don't want out." Her finger moves toward the trigger of the gun. A gunshot rings throughout the lobby of the building and screams erupt from the hostages.

I shot Riley.

Her body collapses to the ground. A gasp escapes her lips, and red liquid spills from her lips. Tears spill from my eyes like a Sunday rainy day. I just shot my best friend.

"Look what you did! Look what you did, Hadley! How could you!" My father yelled at me, his assistants all joining in, taunting me. I fall to the ground, my head buried in my knees. I couldn't take it. I couldn't handle the weight on my shoulder. I couldn't handle the burden. My dad was going to win. Everyone I loved was going to die and I was going to die.

But not today.

"Everyone drop your guns!" The familiar voice gave me hope. Steve Rogers was here. But, he wasn't alone. I looked over to see Tony, Bucky, Wanda, Sam, Natasha, and the others in a line. Small world.

My father chuckled. His gun was trained on me, his finger on the trigger. All I remember is Peter's voice, before everything went black.

A/N
I hate this, but I wanted to get something up for you guys. I just didn't know what to write. #writersblockproblems
Anyways, I'm sorry it took forever. I'm on Fall Break all this week though and I should be releasing more chapters throughout the week. If I'm not to busy binging One Tree Hill and Parks and Recreation. Also, I'm starting a Flash story and y'all should add it to your libraries. I hope y'all are having a great morning/afternoon/or night! Till next time.