Chapter One

Hey guys, so here's my first chapter of this story :)

You know how the last book was from Debby's point of view? Well seeing as it's a trilogy and there are three main characters I'm going to do a book for each. This one's going to be in third person, but with Michael as the main character. I'm not going to attempt to do it in first person, because I'm a girl and there's nothing I hate more than books written from a guy's point of view but clearly by a girl. To write from a guy's point of view succesfully you have to really understand men, and as a fifteen year old, I don't feel I'm anywhere near to understanding them- even Michael who is my own creation!

Dedicated to MariellaSaidHi, because she told me wonderful things about my stories :D

The song on the side is Love On Top by Beyoncé, it's my favourite song- this week at least!- but has nothing to do with the chapter. 

Hope you enjoy and please comment and vote if you like it :D

************************************************************************************************************

     Michael stared at the screen as it leaked artificial, bright light out into the small apartment. He didn’t know what to do next. He was so bored. He needed to get out of this place, he needed to get a job, he needed to figure out where he was going with his life.

      But he couldn’t do that. He wasn’t ready to move on. The more change he created in his life, the more he separated himself from her, and he couldn’t do that.

     The sense of freedom at having finished university had only lasted a couple of days, and then the boredom had sunk in. While all his friends were out working, organising more courses to carry on with, something to keep moving forwards in the future, he stayed at home in this dark room and stared at Facebook.

     Maybe I should look at her profile again, he thought. How long has it been? He did some quick calculations in his head. Twenty-two days. It had been exactly twenty-two days since he had looked at her Facebook profile, anything could have happened in that time. Maybe she’s broken up with him.

     He hesitated a couple more seconds, before clicking on the ‘Friends’ icon. The cursor flashed in the search bar, teasing him. He moved his fingers slowly, typing out her name. D…E…B and there she was. He had realised long ago that those three letters were all he needed to write for her to appear.

     There she was, with that stunning profile picture. Gorgeous as ever.

     He purposefully dragged out the action of moving the mouse down to her name and clicked on it slowly, only releasing his finger from the mouse after a couple of seconds. A little part of him clung to the hope that she hadn’t forgotten. That just maybe she would have remembered that he, Michael, had now finished university. She would have broken up with the other guy and at this moment was waiting at home for him to arrive on her doorstep. The moment her profile appeared, he would know.

     The screen finished loading and his heart sunk. ‘In a complicated relationship with Alfie Manning’. Her relationship status had flicked back and forth so many times in the last three years that he had lost count. In the last five months it had always been with this guy: single, in a relationship with Alfie Manning, single, in a relationship with Alfie Manning. Until they had settled on the “complicated” part.

     He sighed, rubbing his hands through his hair. She’s probably forgotten all about you, he told himself. She was supposed to call you when she was ready to have sex, I bet that time’s come and gone, and no call. He had even purposely kept the same number for the last three years, just in case she did.