Chapter Eighteen

Hey guys, so here's another chapter. I literally have to leave the house in three minutes, so I'm going to post this without proof-reading, so please do point out any mistakes :D It would be helpful. This one's dedicated to Meebz1 for her comments on every single chapter of the first book, which was lovely because I LOVE comments (hint hint).

************************************************************************************************************

     ‘I’ll see you tomorrow then?’ Michael asked, his hands still linked tightly on the small of her back.

     ‘Definitely,’ Debby told him, nodding ferociously. She lent in again and gave him one last kiss, before removing herself from his grasp and turning to walk down the little path of her front garden. Michael watched her walk away, her perk behind swaying with each step. Just as he was turning to start the walk to Beth’s, she looked over her shoulder again and cried out ‘Love ya!’

     He chuckled and started moving briskly up her street. He was a bit cold because his body was still slightly wet underneath his clothes, and the wind wasn’t helping, but he didn’t care, he was literally glowing with joy. He had done it. It was almost exactly four weeks since he’d first arrived back in St. David’s, but he’d spent two of them back home in Manchester. Now he was back with Debby and nothing would get in his way.

     As he walked he tried to imagine what would happen next. He might just spend the summer in St. David’s with her, but they had no reason to need to stay really. They were both old enough to do whatever they wanted, and they could go anywhere. Money would be the only issue, seeing as he didn’t have a job, he hadn’t had any sort of income since his job while he was at school, and he had colossal loans from his three years at university, so it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to do anything that required money. While he was overjoyed to be with Debby again, he also had a weird feeling of emptiness. A ‘so what?’ feeling. He had known what to do before, because he needed to get together with Debby, but now that he had done that, he didn’t know what to do next.

      He pushed the feeling down and turned onto Beth’s road and could see the lights straight away, even though he was still some distance away. Being the only house in the area, set slightly apart from the rest of St. David’s, it stood out in the dark, spilling out warm light and a picture of homeliness onto the surrounding fields. He knew that they must have been back inside, because the lights had been off when he and Debby had left to go for their swim. He opened the front door and followed the sound of voices into the sitting room.

     ‘Hey guys,’ he greeted Beth and Dee, who were on their hands and knees, clearing up the rose petals. Beth’s head spun around and she jumped up, scattering the pile she’d just collected back over the floor as she did so.

     ‘Michael!’ she cried, bouncing over to him and pulling him into a tight hug. ‘What happened? Spill!’

     He shrugged. ‘Do you want the summary, or the details?’ he asked.

    Dee sat up, and gave him a grin. ‘I think you can do the summary for me,’ she told him. ‘Save the whole thing for when I’m not in the room.’

     Beth scoffed angrily, but didn’t say anything, waiting for Michael to speak. ‘Well, I guess you could say we’re back together,’ he admitted, rubbing his arm.

     Beth let out a gasp and grabbed his hand. ‘Sorry Mum,’ she cried, dragging Michael away towards her room. ‘Can’t help you anymore!’

     Michael stumbled along behind her, trying not to fall over. ‘Where’s Blake?’ he asked.

     She pushed open the door to her bedroom, and motioned towards the other side, where there was a door to her bathroom. ‘In the shower,’ she explained, then shut her door behind them. ‘Tell me everything.’