Chapter 2: Clues

Down the cemented path leading to the crime scene Rapunzel and I were walking in slow pace just in case the kidnapper was still there. 

The house looked untouched which made me confused on what she meant by the house looked like complete chaos. 

I opened the door slowly and saw the wooden hallway scratched and tattered on the walls and "welcome" rug. Slowly and steadily Blondie and I walked quietly and slowly, causing the floorboards to creek when more weight is applied to our footsteps. 

Walking up to the living room, the light bulbs left on, I now realized what Long locks meant. 

The sofa, chairs, coffee table, and desks were ripped apart and flung across the room. There were also large paw prints printed on a long rug near the chimney. 

"Stay here." I told Rapunzel before moving to get a closer look at the rug.

The paw prints were dirty and did not belong to a normal human villager, probably a type of animal. Then my eye caught something on the sofa. Kneeling close to the sofa, I slipped on a pair of gloves and picked it up. 

It was fur. A clump of grey fur. I smelt it and my eyes pop in surprise. 

"These claw marks are really big." Rapunzel observed

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Of course the claw marks were big, it was able to rip furniture and half of the walls. Jeez, didn't expect her to be a dumb blonde. 

Putting the clump of fur in a zip bag and taking out a roll of "Do not cross" duct tape I announced "Alright I've seen enough lets get out of here." 

Outside the wind started to blow hard, Rapunzel waited patiently for me to finish taping the area. I rushed around with the tape rolling out, across tree to tree, running as fast as a speeding bullet. 

"Wow you run fast!" she exclaimed, the crime scene was now secured with the tape surrounding it. 

"I got a lot of practice." that's all I replied to her. There was a crime to be solved no time for conversations. 

"Do you know what happened??" Blondie asked

"Yes, but can not be too sure." I answered pulling my jacket's hood, hiding my curly chestnut hair.