Chapter 4: A Hunch

I was sure I got this case wide open like cracking a walnut shell. But somehow I was not willing to tell the jubilant girl. We all can never be too sure on who to trust. I learnt that the hard way. 

I feel like my life is a never ending circle of solving crimes that I always seem to stumble into. Nobody has ever been personally close to me, not even my parents and grandmother. Heh, It's funny if you think about it. I'm a mystery that solves mysteries. 

I was in my office planning the right opportunity to capture the criminal Red Handed . Yes I'm aware how ridicules it sounded but it's true, It is best to capture the criminal when he or she least expects.

"Hi!!" the golden haired lady barged in again (Never heard of knocking I guess!) but this time holding a basket of muffins.

"Blondie can you please next time knock?!" feeling a bit irritated 

"Sorry! Where I live there are no doors!" 

I raised my eyebrow in confusion, no doors?

"Would you like me to explain it?" Rapunzel suggested

I shook my head. I rather not want to know. 

But I did want to know..."Why did you come here for?" 

"Well...I guess I wanted to talk with someone...you have no idea how over-reactive my mother is with me hanging out with people outside."

I probably shouldn't but I did "But you work at a hair salon, and you're friends with almost everybody."

"My mother...doesn't know that."

Silence fell between us. I didn't know what to say and I'm starting to regret questioning her.

"But hey! I came here not to talk about my life, here!" she grabbed a muffin for me.

"Call it a thanks for doing your job well!" she complimented

Then I realized something, either sad or delightful. The muffin was baked with blueberry. Just what my grandmother would always make for me when I visit her when I was a 10 year old girl. 

******Flash back: 22 years ago******

"Grandma!" I yelled with joy running towards her 

"Hello my little Red!" she smiled which makes her wrinkles move in response

"I'm hungry can we eat please!"

"Of course! I've just made a fresh batch of blueberry muffins!" 

"Yay!!!" I screamed with joy 

My grandmother always knew that I love blueberry muffins. The muffins she, my mother and I use to make.

******End of Flash back******

"Are you okay?" Blondie shook my shoulder, bringing me right back to reality

"Yeah, I'm alright." I hoped she didn't see right through me then.