Chapter 3: A Lead

It was bright and early when Rapunzel and I went to the Enchanted Forest to find a lead that I think will help with the case. The sun was starting to turn the sky's midnight blue into orange and yellow.

"Can you please tell me who we are looking for?!" the blonde questioned with pleading eyes

"Not yet." was all I can say

Blondie gave a sad pout but switched back to her annoyingly cheerful smile. 

"OK whatever you say!" 

The forest is made out of tall towering trees that could get anybody lost, it sort of reminds me of a labyrinth. In the daytime the forest seem so alive, peaceful and welcoming. While at night the forest seem so dead, dangerous and unnerving. 

Turning a corner behind some large oak trees we were right in front of many woodland animals that have started their early morning. 

"Good morning critters. I'm Detective Hood, and I would like to speak to the deer family. In private."

The mother deer nodded and nudged her fawn to come along.

That left Rapunzel alone with the other woodland animals.

"Hi, I'm Rapunzel," the rabbits and bunnies hopped towards her, and the birds flew down.

"Do you guys want to braid my hair?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you for your time." I thanked, dismissing the mother and her youngling 

"No problem," the mother answered then ushered to her child "c'mon Bambi." 

I went back to retrieve the blonde, but was surprised to find a crowd of birds, rabbits, owls and squirrels. Braiding Rapunzel's hair!

"Thanks you guys! You are all way better hairstylists than me!" she commented

"Hey Blondie! Move your hair extensions we got to go!" 

She gasped "What!! My hair is totally genuine!" sure I thought.

With formal (me) and casual (Rapunzel) farewells we strolled back to the path leading back to my cottage office.

"So did you get what you wanted?!" Blondie questioned with intrigue 

"I sure did."