Chapter 1

I always went to my locker before home room, and then I'd meet my friends, Jill and Maya, and we'd all walk to home room together. Jill loved to draw and Maya was quiet, but she was very smart. Me, well, I was just average, I guess. My grades were okay, I was making honor roll, but I had been out three days because of a virus so I was not looking forward to picking up the amount of work I had to do.

I didn't play any sports, so usually I was at my brother's football games or practices. The season was ending next month, so he was probably going to do wrestling which I wasn't looking forward to.

"I'm going to that cool new place today." Maya says.

"Very descriptive." Jill laughed.

"Hey, babe." Matt, Jill's boyfriend of three years, came up behind her. He was also very smart, and one of my good friends.

"Yo, Matt!" I laughed. "Man, I haven't seen you since forever!" He laughed and hugged me, he was very tall so my feet left the ground. I didn't like him like that, and vice versa, Jill was my friend and I just never felt that way about him.

"It's been three days, losers." Maya rolled her eyes. I laughed and the bell rang. "Hey, you know that kid?" she whispered.

I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "What kid?"

"That one, right there." she kind of nodded to a kid that had his back up against my locker, hands in his pockets, staring at something. I followed his stare and it was to outside.

"He's new?" I asked. Maya scoffed, like I was supposed to know. "Well, I've never seen him before."

"Move along, students. To your home rooms." Principal Mason said. I shrugged and went to my home room.