Prologue

"We don't choose our families, Mel. Sometimes we're blessed, other times its a curse. But that's just life." ~Marissa Gutierrez

◆◆◆◇◆◆◆◇◆◆◆◇◆◆◆◇◆◆◆

9 Years ago

Miami, Florida

"You live in my fucking house, you live by my rules! You are not my mom, you are my daughter and you will do what I tell you!"

I clench my jaw tightly and narrow my eyes, trying to hold my anger I retort back, "All I was asking was 'which car do you want me to check in'! God, its like I can't ask a damn question without you having to yell at me!"

"No me grites, maldita niña!" My mother steps closer full of fury and tries to slap me. I quickly move back and block her hand with my arm. The advantage I get is being a bit taller than her.

"Don't fuckin' touch me." I shriek at her. Breathing hard, I clench my fist tightly in a ball as I stare back at her furious face that had recovered from shock after I yelled at her.

She snaps her fingers and points towards the brown door to my left. "If you don't like it then get out. I don't need a stupid, worthless, good-for-nothing lazy fat girl screaming at me. Just pack your damn things and get out of my face."

I exhale sharply but yet I say nothing. Everytime we argue she says that exact same thing and always threatens me. Then, she would go to her boyfriend and complain to him about how ungrateful we are. I should be use to it by now but it just still hurts every time she says it. Sometimes not as bad as the last but still hurts.

I grip my head and slam the door shut leaving my sister, Melena, to deal with her. Mel also argues with her but I still get most of the blame thrown at me. Melena is my only real sister and the only one who sticks by me even when we argue with each other. We have other half siblings but its hard to consider them as full siblings, netherless.

We have all been a disfunctional family since forever. But it became worse when my father had died when I was nine years old. When its not my mom and I arguing, it her and her boyfriend arguing. When it not them arguing, then its her against my uncles, aunts or grandparents arguing against each other. As always, I stick by her trying to help but then when she doesn't need me she just turns everything against me. Yet she always comes back asking for my help and money espcially after the summertime.

According to her, everything is always my fault. I, Marissa Gutierrez, fat and ugly thirteen year old am the cause of all the problems we face. Its my fault that the kids are playing in mud, its my fault that me have no money for food or gas, my fault that she is having trouble with her family, also apparently its my fault that she got pregnant with her fifth child and that it turns out to be a girl. I still don't fully comprehend on how its my fault.

All the blame is put more on me than politicians and criminals. It seems that everything I do turns for the worst. The only thing that keeps me going is that fact that in possibly five years or less I will be able to escape this hell-hole dysfunctional family and start my own life when I hed off to college.

When my father died, everything changed for the worse. Its now to the point where I wonder if I could even last one more day in this family without trying to run away. There are even times where I would think about it but then I realize that I don't even have the guts to do that.

I let out the breath I was holding for a while. "What if... Someday...just not today."

Just not today.

●●●○●●●○●●●○●●●○●●●○●●●○

A/N:

This is a new story that I will be working on for now on. I haven't full given up on warrior princess but at the moment I havent exactly thought out where I particularly want the story to go so for now its on hold until I can gather my thoughts and plans. 

This story will have contain things that are true to either myself or reflect to others truth and it will have some things that are very meaningful contained. I will also incoperate information in the stry about my identity and who I really am in real life so be on the lookout for that.

I hope that you guys will give this book a chance because this book is close to my heart and I don't plan on giving up on it any time soon, for reals this time. Update may be slow at first but so far it is starting to pick up faster as I am getting the feel and plot of this story.

Also, please comment because I would love to know your thoughts and input. Criticism is always welcomed even if its on grammar mistakes. Let me know what you think so far.

Love

Comment

Vote

Love,

~Alice