Chapter 1

"Sometimes I'm disappointed in myself... Because I know I'm better than the choices I make and the things I choose to deal with. ~ Unknown

□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□■■□

Teresa Guatez

New York City, NY

Present

"...dangerous car chase across the Brooklyn bridge led by Blood Dragons Mafia Leader, 22 year old Teresa Gautez. The chase started after reports of gunshooting activity coming from police Veteran, Gorge Freemun. Evidence found that Freemun had connections with mafia leader and crime boss, Teresa Guatez, after going undercover for a special assignment."

I gently place my glass of wine down on my table as I finish unzipping my bloodstained dress from earlier today. I watch the TV with a smirk as the reporter, well reports, about the Blood Dragons arrival back in New York.

"Ah, good 'ol New York. Feels like home." I sigh as I plop down on the sofa.

The news report has a big red title that read 'Blood Dragons arrival does not go unnoticed' with the words LIVE on the screen.

On the screen appears a black Lamborghini racing as if the demons are after them, with eight police cars trailing behind them and a helicopter filming the entire scene. They swerve past cars on the opposite lanes as they make sharp turns and cause car collisions everywhere. The Lambo heads straight towards a tall glass building and crashes into it.

Five tall figures emerge from the ruble wearing leather and crash helmets; they head towards the alley and out of sight with officers- and K-9's-  after them.

The cellphone on the table beside me rings showing a name of the person if have been waiting to hear from.

"Freemun is dead. All files have been recovered and the boys survived and are on their way."

I smirk and gave a curt nod. "Perfect, meet me at the 'castle' and bring the files." Without another word I hang up the phone and smile as I felt a hand slide down my leg.

"I thought a agreed to knock. You could have caught me in a compromising situation with you just barging in whenever you want." I stood up from the sofa and turn off the TV to face the handsome god-like man in front of me.

He tilts his head and grins. "Says the one in her lacey robe with nothing under but sexy I undergarments."

I wink at him as I take the flash drive being held out in his hand. "Made sure you got everything? 'Cause my boys just risked their necks playing cat-and-mouse with the cops, Heath"