A Dream that is More Scarlet than Red

The Hakurei Shrine.

The embassy that stands between the phantasmal Gensokyo and the Outside World.

Reimu Hakurei, the shrine maiden, was as relaxed as usual. Since the Makai Incident*, she was as laid-back as she was before.

It was summer when the clouds were blanketed with scarlet mist, covering up the sun. The shrine maiden was not pleased, for it was very cold, and the sudden atmospherical change was too suspicious.

From afar she noticed the off-looking mansion near the lake. It was overflowing with scarlet mist.

"Ah, so that's where this scarlet fog started.", Reimu said to herself. "Well, since I have nothing to do, I guess I'll just investigate this matter before Gensokyo becomes a scarlet winter paradise."

Reimu leaves the shrine, carrying her extermination equipment with her.

The Forest of Magic.

A forest with a few inhabitants. Marisa Kirisame, a magician/witch, was flying over the thickets when she noticed the scarlet fog covering the sky and the sun.

"Sounds like an incident to me.", she muttered. "Oh, the shrine maiden's on the act."

She, too, had noticed the mansion by the lake. She followed the shrine maiden, with her magic missiles and lasers.

The Mastermind's Mansion

The mansion held the mastermind, and her wish was to spend time under the misty sky. Yet she did not know that she would expect visitors sooner than she had expected.

[*Mystic Square]