Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea

The Outskirts of the Mansion

The duo finally saw the big gate ahead of them, that looked taller than the torii in the Hakurei Shrine.*

"Man, what a big gate.", Reimu said.

"Quite impressive.", commented Marisa, "The mansion looks foreign to me; it doesn't match with the architecture around Misty Lake."

"Halt!", a girl's voice shouted.

A Chinese girl flew up to them and welcomed them.

"Welcome to the Scarlet Devil Mansion.", welcomed the gatekeeper.

"Are you the gate keeper?", asked Reimu.

"Yes, I am.", replied the girl.

"What's your name?", asked Marisa.

"My name is Hong Meiling.", she replied.

"I would like to have a word with your master.", announced the shrine maiden.

"What business do you have with the mistress?", she asked.

Her friendly tone changed to a serious, interrogative tone.

"I want her to stop the mist, so that the summer heat can come back again.", said the magician.

"You shall not go inside the mansion!", declared Meiling.

The gatekeeper pulled out her spellcard, Flower Sign 'Glorious Qi Lotus'.

A colorful barrage of bullets shot out from Meiling, resembling a beautiful flower, into the duo.

The two grazed the bullets, and shot back at her with amulets and magic lasers.

The gatekeeper was defeated, and she fled back to her last stand, the big gate of Koumakan.*

[*1: Toriis are the red gates of a shrine.]
[*2: Koumakan means Scarlet Devil Mansion.]