Beloved Tomboyish Girl

The Misty Lake.

The duo traversed through the blue waters of the lake, searing the fog ahead of them. The fairy that the two met earlier had gone.

The two chatted as they traveled. "Reimu, do you ever exterminate youkai?", the magician asked.

"Of course!", the shrine maiden answered, "It's my duty as the border keeper of Gensokyo."

"But you haven't exterminated those youkai you kept meeting before you encountered the masterminds..", told Marisa, "like that orange-haired lady and the vampire during the Mugenkan Incident."*

"Those two are just ants causing nonsense nuisance.", explained Reimu, "Just like that maniacal princess and that amnesiac poltergeist during that incident."*

 "Stop right there!!!", shouted someone from ahead of them, covered by the mist, "You'll never walk on land again!"

"So you were the cold one.", Marisa said.

"Marisa..", Reimu reminded, "we have to-"

"I'll deal with this."

"Better than being hot, don't you think?", Cirno joked.

"Gee, that was a cold pun.", Marisa criticized. "You must be an idiot."

"No, I didn't mean..", the fairy said, trying to correct the dumb words she had said.

"That's the best that you can do, isn't it?", Marisa said.

"Aaaah!!", Cirno said angrily, "I'll deep-freeze you with some English beef!"

The fairy, dresses in blue and white, showered with blue ice shards, then shot thin white lasers at them, which can be mistaken as part of the mist.

The duo had a hard time defeating the ice fairy, for the mist had hidden her almost perfectly.

Well, that was not until Cirno announced her spellcard, Ice Sign 'Icicle Fall'.

Ice shards shot out of Cirno's wings of ice, like majestic wings flowing down at them.

Sadly, Cirno underestimated the two in front of her, that she did not secure the space in front of her.

"Marisa!"

"What?"

"I'll use my duplex barrier, so prepare your blazing star!"

"I see, but isn't that too early on a small ice fry?"

"You have a point."

Reimu flew in front of the ice fairy, and as the confused Cirno was about to shift the winged bullets in front of her, the shrine maiden pulled out her spell card, Dream Sign "Fantasy Seal".

6 divine orbs of different colours, homed into the ice fairy with massive charge.

Red. Orange. Yellow. Green. White. Blue.

All of them homed at her at once, defeating the small fry.

"That was fun!", said Marisa.

"I'm not done yet!", announced the ice fairy.

The almost defeated fairy shot colorful bullets at them, at random.
It was as though Cirno had a bit of hope left in her.

"PERFECT.....", Cirno declared, as the bullets come back to their shooter, "FREEEZE!"

Alas! The bullets that were coming back suddenly stopped and turned frozen white.

"Pretty neat, for a small fry.", Marisa commented.

The bullets revolve down, walling the two.

Luckily, the duo had escaped before they were walled in, by a path Marisa's lasers used against the white bullets.

Missiles and sealing needles were shot back to Cirno, successfully defeating her.

"It's really cold in here", Reimu complained, "Let's go to the mansion."

[*1: Lotus Land Story]
[*2: Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream]