Chapter V: Stay with me

Heartfelt thanks to those who voted, commented and added this story to their reading lists! Those beyond awesome people whose names I was thinking of as I wrote this.

You guys know who you are.
you are happiness personified.

I wanted to dedicate a chapter but my twirly brain still hasn't learned how to do that.(teach me?)
******

It was odd, waking up at noon, odd indeed, my biological clock must be having a melt down.

I'm supposed to be either hunting or reheating food at this hour but the comfort of sleep still hasn't left me and I was not ready to open my eyes in fear of losing it.

I could hear the pitter-patters and splashes of the waterfall, the rustling of bushes and grass, the faint sound of flapping wings, a singing bird, squeek of bunnies, the steady drip inside the cave, the rhythmic breathing that gently moved me, a heartbeat.

I was not alone, that was certain, my mind informed, slowly making sense of the world, still sleepy.

The presence doesn't feel threatening, in fact, it felt inviting...soft, warm and sturdy, solid...flesh...not mine.

I opened my eyes,

My head was bent sideways facing the fire...well, what's left of it anyway, there was a weight on my back, no..it was..a..I was being held in an embrace, I was on top of.. something, I raised my head from where it lay to gaze at the thing in question.

Oh,

it's..him.

Ethan.

The events of a few hours past resurfaced as a memory, I have a mate.

I gulped down a lump on my throat, insecurities and fear taking hold of my thoughts, gazing down at his sleeping face I felt the calm of certain safety, ironically, he was the cause and end to my troubles.

I raised my arm from under me, relishing the ticklish rush of blood that flowed through them, pushing myself off Ethan, blushing as I realized I had been straddling him while we slept, starting to stand up, his arms fell off of me and onto the floor causing him to stir in his sleep.

I froze in alarm,

I was hovering over his body, his shirt slightly pushed up giving me a peak at his well-shaped abs, he was in between my legs...what a compromising position.

Luckily, he dozed back to sleep, a sigh of relief came to my lips, I took a look at his handsome resting face, this guy seriously looks too good on every angle, I might become blinded by all the shinyness he emits.

I was glad that he was still asleep since I could check him out all I want and bwhooho, he's one hell of a looker, from his chiseled face to the smooth as granite skin, he looked like a living statue.

I went and did a thorough examination, but after creepily doing so in the past half hour, I found out that there was a disappointing factor on this perk,