Chapter 1

“Scott you okay?”

Scotts head turned a full 360 toward me, the dark gloomy aura he was cocooned in turned to animosity and hate, as he glared daggers at me geez what crawled up his ass and died!?!.  “What the hell’s wrong with you!?!” “Nothing” he grumbled I quirked my brow the boy’s lying through his teeth, “you do know I don’t believe you right?” Scott rolled his eyes before pushing himself off the wall that he was leaning on “leave it alone Stiles” he hissed at me now I just want to bug him even more. “Scott’s what’s wrong? Something’s obviously wrong with you” I followed him as he tried to walk away from me bumping into people as I tried to catch up.

“I’m warning you Stiles drop it” I shook my head, poking him lightly in the ribs a gesture that always bothered him. Scott let out an annoyed groan and whipped around towards me his eyes bright with fury “god Stiles! Can I keep one thing to myself!?! You’re so freaking annoying! I’m sick and tired of you trying to get into my business all the time! Just drop it okay!” I flinched; each word like a knife was being plunged into my chest. This words we’re never unfamiliar to me people tell me I’m annoying everyday, but when it’s coming from my best friend it’s like the words suddenly have meaning.

I let out a shaky breath, inhaling to compose myself it’s not like I’m going to cry or anything but I felt like I was slowly losing my grip on my composure, When I didn’t feel like running away and hiding I gave Scott a small weak smile “Sorry I didn’t mean to bother you it won’t happen again” with that I turned around and took off. I heard him call out my name but I ignored him I really didn’t feel like getting hurt again and hearing pity apologizes, I kept pushing through the endless crowd of high school teenagers trying to get to their next class I didn’t stop until I slammed into a very solid and rock hard body the collision made my back pack fall to ground. Books and papers flew everywhere and decorated the floor well…today’s going to be one of those days isn’t it?.

“Watch where your going freak” why god? Did I do something wrong, did I run over a cat on the way here? Are you punishing me for stealing those little kids Halloween candy last year? What the hell did I do to deserve to bump into Jackson –freaking- Whittemore!?!. God I hate high school! Slowly I look up at him mumbling a tiny “sorry” before bending over to pick up my back pack and fallen school work, but he beat me to it he handed me my stuff and cocked his head curiously “what’s wrong with you?” I blinked “nothing” he sighed. “Stiles it’s obviously something you’re crying” I am? I moved my hands to my face instinctively and sure enough my face was wet.

I sniffed “god I’m pathetic” I mumbled under my breath, rubbing furiously at my eyes but the tears wouldn’t stop, seems like Scott’s words hurt more than I thought Jackson was silent his gaze on me curious yet thoughtful “you want to talk about it?” I shook my head vigorously. Hell no! I didn’t even want to think about it! He looked at me sympathetically “that bad huh?” I nodded “does Scott know about it?” I let out a humorless emotionless laugh “yeah he knows about it alright” Jackson quirked his brow at me, before the dots clicked and realized that Scott was the reason I was crying his eyes narrowed viciously “what the hell did he do” I sighed “I don’t want to talk about it can we just drop the subject?” the viciousness didn’t fade from his eyes as he nodded from the looks of it he had some very evil thoughts crossing through his mind.

Soon something I couldn’t quite identify flickered through his eyes, and a smirk crawled onto his face I have never before wanted to know what a person was thinking until this moment, “do you want to go somewhere with me?” wait, wait what? Did he just say what I think he said? “w-what?” god damn it why did I stutter!?! “I said: do you want to go somewhere with me?” I tilted my head, “but 5th period should be starting soon” right on cue a toe curling ringing noise filled the air as the remaining kids in the hall hustled to their class. Jackson shrugged “so? Live a little Stilinski” I smiled as the tardy bell rang anywhere’s better than here. I nodded Jackson grinned and grabbed my wrist “c’mon” “wait Jackson” I began halting our movement to a complete stop refusing to budge “why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?”, that creepy smirk from earlier was once again plastered on his face “I have my reasons” oh god what did I get myself into?.

Jackson yanked me slightly down the hall, the heavy pounding of our sneakers hitting the floor as we hurried down the hall, but I could have sworn I heard the quiet echo of a growl. No that can’t be right…I pushed back the thought instead turning toward Jackson as we snuck toward the front entrance of the school, “so where exactly are we going?” “It’s a secret” I blinked “a secret?” he nodded vigorously, pulling me slightly toward the front entrance “you’ll find out when we get there” why do I have the feeling that once I do find out I’m not going to like it.