Chapter 6

SPOV

I’m doomed.

There’s no if, ands or fucking buts about it I was doomed, I fought the blush that was seconds away from showing. I tried not to notice the way the tight shirt Derek (or should I call him Mr. Hale now?) was wearing hugged his body; mentally I kicked myself in the shin.

He’s your substitute stiles! A teacher!, last time I checked a teacher student relationship was pretty much illegal,…unless you don’t get caught… with a groan I shoved the thought into the farthest reaches of my mind. I already had the most popular kid in school going through a twilight zone phase thinking that he wants to hang out with me, wanting to jump your substitute teacher’s bones wasn’t something I could deal with right now.

“Is there a problem Mr. Stilinski?”

I nearly fell out of my chair at the sound of that deep husky voice, my cheeks flushed as I shook my head “n-no Mr. Hale” he smirked at me, a knowing twinkle in his eye “than please pay attention” I heard a series of snickers and giggles in the room and sank down in my seat. The familiar urge to find a rock and hide under it clawed at me “yes sir…”.

I let my head fall onto the desk with a soft thud, where’s the freaking bell when you need it!?! And almost as if a miracle was sent from angels, the bell rang I’ve never been more grateful for the sound that threatened to split my eardrums and cause internal bleeding. Shooting up out of my seat I moved quickly a little too eager to get to the door.

“Mr. Stilinski hold on for a moment” Damn it! I was so close Mr. Hale smiled a black slender notebook in his hand he offered it to me, “you almost forgot about this” I quirked my brow that’s strange I could have sworn I stashed that in my backpack before trying to run away. “Umm…Thanks” I reached out for it fingers wrapping around the notebook accidently brushing against his skin.

Sparks shot up my arm wave upon wave of lust and pleasure crashed into me, and I tried desperately to fight the shiver that traveled up my spine, but my body moved on it’s on accord biting my bottom lip to keep from crying out. I ripped the notebook from his grip my fingers no longer touching his.

The sparks stopped but the urge to rip off his clothes and let him have his way with me, still lingered “t-thank you” I stuttered turning quickly toward the door, practically sprinting out before he could reply but I could dark possessive eyes bore into my back.

“Whoa dude you’re as red as a tomato you okay?”

I could feel my cheeks flush more if possible “I’m fine” I said a little too quickly, Scott quirked his brow his eyes flashed for a moment before he flared his nose in disgust, and frustration I quirked my brow. “What? Did I smell or something?” Scott stoned his features “something like that…” he trailed off okay…

“Well today’s Taco day in the cafeteria do you want to-“, “sorry I have something to do” before I could protest and complain Scott lunged his bag over his shoulder, and walked briskly down the hall. Is he serious!?! Great I just got ditched…again! This is starting to get really freaking annoying! With a grumble I headed toward the cafeteria my appetite was gone but it doesn’t mean I can’t do some homework and get that over with.

First up Math the subject created by the devil I reached into my bag, to dig out my calculator but all I felt was empty space shit! I became frantic, pulling things out repeatedly only to shove them back in. Okay Stiles don’t panic you probably just left it in the classroom…the same classroom with the hot supermodel sub in it you can just go back and get it.

That’s if you don’t pass out if he hands it to you or tie him to the desk with duck tape, I shook my head a shudder flowing through me what the hell is wrong with me!, I hurried back my heart pounding with each step I took just get it over with stiles and try not to faint. “We agreed that you wouldn’t come into contact with him!” what the hell? I pressed myself against the wall inches away from the door was that Scott.

“I know but the situation has…changed,”

“Well then unchange it!”

Yep that was defiantly Scott but why was he talking to Mr. Hale?, and more importantly who the hell were they talking about “listen Scott I know he’s your best friend and I know I agreed that I would originally stay away from him but I can’t…not anymore”, “why the hell not!?!” even though I couldn’t see him I could feel Scott’s animosity rolling off of him like waves.

“…I can feel it…”

“Feel what?”

“The call,”

There was a sharp intake a horrified gasp that made me feel strangely worried, there was silence for a moment before I heard Scott hiss, “that’s bullshit”, “it’s the truth” there was another short span of silence. “How dare you! You know how much he means to me how could you let this happen!?!”, “you know the mating call cannot be controlled” Mr. Hale growled “don’t blame me for something that I couldn’t control”, “you could have rejected it! Besides how do you know you’re not mistaken?”. “The moment our eyes met in the forest I knew he was my mate his very scent sets me on fire”.

I couldn’t hear the words that Scott mumbled under his breath, but something tells me I didn’t want to know “what are you angry at Scott? The fact that I’m destined to be with your best friend? Or the fact that my mate is the person who you wanted to get in his pants for the past three years and now you can never have him?” there was a slight smugness in Mr. Hale’s tone along with a hint  of possessiveness that sent a shiver through my spine.

An animalistic growl however along with a loud thud had me peeking through the window of the door, Scott had Mr. Hale pressed against the wall behind him his hand wrapped tightly around the older man’s throat. Mr. Hale’s eyes flashed for a moment only to widen in shock and horror as he glanced up at me “Stiles?...” he mumbled Scott’s ears twitched slightly at the baffled tone in his voice.

And on instinct turned slightly toward to see what made Mr. Hale so nervous, his features almost forced a scream from my lips, Scott’s now yellow eyes bore down on me as he bared his fangs, his ears still twitched ever so slightly trying to pick up whatever noise he could hear. At the sight of me his eyes widened like saucers “stiles?” he whispered his face slowly morphing back but the image of his face was still haunted my mind.

He let go of Derek’s throat turning fully toward cautiously he took a tentative step toward me, opening his mouth to say comforting words but before he could I ran.